• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Immigration or humanitarian crisis?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    If the guys over there were being helpful and caring towards their brethren, we would not have a civil war there.
    Indeed, but from a jurisprudence sense rather than a religious/racist sense, wouldn't it be better to rehome Muslims in Muslim countries?
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

If the guys over there were being helpful and caring towards their brethren, we would not have a civil war there.
      The UN provide camps in North Africa that are protected. We house migrants there, they are kept safe and secure, when their country is safe again they can go back.

No raping, no Beheading.

Job done.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
        You move out, live in a tent and let 10 in to live in your place then, you seem so keen on helping.
        If you care so much about keeping them out, why don't you go and help patrol the ports.

Or, you could stop acting like a 13-year-old.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          The UN provide camps in North Africa that are protected. We house migrants there, they are kept safe and secure, when their country is safe again they can go back.

No raping, no Beheading.

Job done.
          If your alternative was to be forced to live in a tent for an unforeseeable number of years/decades, with no stability, or to sneak into a country where you could get a job and a permanent residence, which would you choose?
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

According to Mr Kurdi's Facebook page, he was originally from Damascus in Syria but had been living in Istanbul, Turkey. He uploaded a photograph of himself in Turkey in August 2014.

Ms Kurdi said an application to sponsor the family to go to Canada was rejected in June.

'I was trying to sponsor them, and I have my friends and my neighbours who helped me with the bank deposits, but we couldn’t get them out, and that is why they went in the boat,' she added.

Canadian legislator Fin Donnelly told The Canadian Press he had submitted a request on behalf on the boys' aunt, but that her request was turned down by Canadian immigration officials.

She added that Mr Kurdi now plans to return to the family's war torn home town of Kobane - which they fled in the wake of ISIS attacks - in order to lay the boys and their mother to rest. He said he wants to be buried alongside them.
            hmmm

Comment

The fear of getting raped and beheaded is what is making them go on these perilous journeys. If citizenship was what they wanted, they could have done all this years ago.
              We don't really know what is making them go on these perilous journeys. I think we must help them without knowing, to begin with. In order to help the ones who indeed deserve it.

Some might be fleeing for their lives. Others may have listened to traffickers' stories of streets paved with gold. Years ago we didn't have social media, advertising our lifestyles across the globe. In the past 30 years there have been many wars in Africa and the Middle East, in which many more people died than in the current crisis. But few or no refugees came to Europe.

Comment

No raping,
                no Beheading.

Job done.
                Let's hope that wouldn't be the same UN that was raping refugee women in Congo then.

Nor, for that matter, the same UN that was impotent during the Srebrenica massacre.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Robot View Post
                  Let's hope that wouldn't be the same UN that was raping refugee women in Congo then.

Nor, for that matter, the same UN that was impotent during the Srebrenica massacre.
                  and cheap shots.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/17/wo...ited.html?_r=0

they do seem to want to stop such things, its not part of their training.

we can't do it as Britain without being Imperialists we need the coverage of the UN.

Now if the UN is not good enough then that is something for Cameron to do.
                  Last edited by vetran; 3 September 2015, 10:26.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                    Quite. Perhaps temporary asylum is what we should offer rather than hand out permanent residence and create yet another open door for families etc. We also need to have strict rules on countries, those with major conflicts like Syria, from which asylum is permitted. We should not even consider people coming from places like Nigeria or Pakistan which have safe areas and fairly effective governments. We should also insist on documentation that proves they are from major conflict areas.
                    Exactly what the upcoming EU talks about and what Merkel is pressing for and which I agree with. Those coming from safe areas and those coming only for economic reasons should politely be told to go back and strengthen their own countries economy...
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

and cheap shots.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/17/wo...ited.html?_r=0

they do seem to want to stop such things, its not part of their training.

we can't do it as Britain without being Imperialists we need the coverage of the UN.

Now if the UN is not good enough then that is something for Cameron to do.
                      Perhaps somebody needs to be Imperialist again like when we sorted out the Mahdi Army & stayed for 100 years.

I'm being facetious but there is a degree of reason in that, unpalatable though it may be....

Comment

Working...
                      X