• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

That's it, no more Top Gear for me

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rl4engc View Post
    Not very mass market though is it? it's only one step up from them having their own YouTube channel.

I think it would need to be terrestrial just to get the widest cross section of audience.
    3 million UK viewers have Netflix. TG was getting about 5 million on BBC 2.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by rl4engc View Post
      Not very mass market though is it? it's only one step up from them having their own YouTube channel.

I think it would need to be terrestrial just to get the widest cross section of audience.
      Prime is 40 million & growing. No too bad. They already have a number of exclusive series and its a lot cheaper than buying football rights.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        That's because he knows nothing about cars and is a (self-confessed) terrible driver.
        If you are talking about JC, then that's not how he tells is in his books. He said it took him a long time to master just because he lacked the courage to put a car into a skid at 100 mph, not because he hadn't the talent to do it. He certainly isn't likely to be a terrible driver (on a track I mean), having done more laps in more cars than most people. I'd fancy he could take my car round a track much quicker than me and not much slower than the Stig. makes sense.

Comment

He's done a lap, in one of the older reasonable cars IIRC, and it was not good.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
            3 million UK viewers have Netflix. TG was getting about 5 million on BBC 2.
            The money was never in UK viewing, it was selling it around the world
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by unixman View Post
              If you are talking about JC, then that's not how he tells is in his books. He said it took him a long time to master just because he lacked the courage to put a car into a skid at 100 mph, not because he hadn't the talent to do it. He certainly isn't likely to be a terrible driver (on a track I mean), having done more laps in more cars than most people. I'd fancy he could take my car round a track much quicker than me and not much slower than the Stig. makes sense.
              Sorry, he's nowhere near good enough to drive at racing speeds, way too ham-fisted. Sideways isn't fast, merely inefficient (and enjoyably spectacular, of course).

Anyway you don't really believe the difficult high-speed stuff is the presenters, do you?
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                Sorry, he's nowhere near good enough to drive at racing speeds, way too ham-fisted. Sideways isn't fast, merely inefficient (and enjoyably spectacular, of course).

Anyway you don't really believe the difficult high-speed stuff is the presenters, do you?
                Yes he does drive ham fisted, but thats what his role on the show was, make driving look exciting by power sliding and burning through tyres
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by unixman View Post
                  It's all relative. I'd consider myself an averagely good trackday driver; i.e. I can keep it on the road whilst being as fast as most. But I had a couple of friends that were obviously better at it than me, even when they hadn't been doing it as long. As with all things, it gets exponentially more difficult the further you go. Maybe I'm in the top 1%, for no other reason than having done trackdays, and maybe Jezza is too, but that doesn't make either of us nearly as good as Lewis Hamilton (or The Stig for that matter).

I suspect he did some training to do all the sideways nonsense, which does look spectacular. It's not at 100mph though. Probably more like 40mph.
                  Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                    It's all relative. I'd consider myself an averagely good trackday driver; i.e. I can keep it on the road whilst being as fast as most. But I had a couple of friends that were obviously better at it than me, even when they hadn't been doing it as long. As with all things, it gets exponentially more difficult the further you go. Maybe I'm in the top 1%, for no other reason than having done trackdays, and maybe Jezza is too, but that doesn't make either of us nearly as good as Lewis Hamilton (or The Stig for that matter).

I suspect he did some training to do all the sideways nonsense, which does look spectacular. It's not at 100mph though. Probably more like 40mph.
                    Sliding isn't that hard, especially in cars will silly power and RWD; turn off the TCS, turn in under power, lift off then boot it and remember to opposite lock in time. Or do the same in an old 911 or a 205GTI, the difference being you won't get them back.
                    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                      Sliding isn't that hard, especially in cars will silly power and RWD; turn off the TCS, turn in under power, lift off then boot it and remember to opposite lock in time. Or do the same in an old 911 or a 205GTI, the difference being you won't get them back.
                      I thought the 205 GTI was front wheel drive.
                      I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Working...
                      X