• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

That's it, no more Top Gear for me

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rl4engc View Post
    Tip:

Don't (note the apostrophe) go into proofreading.
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      Amazed nobody is demanding more diversity to replace these three white males.

Update. Oh hang on, we will have a woman!

Chris Evans: Top Gear auditions to seek co-hosts - BBC News

Good start but we still need a black person, a gay person and somebody with a disability.

PS and a non-human. A snail would have a great appreciation of speed, show us things from a new perspective.
      Superb idea.

BBC would love the inclusive nature. The black person could actually be white but claim constantly to be black. Maybe we could replace nasty cars with recycling bins and push them round a test track with an organic, free range, 100% certified cruelty free stick?

Comment

There's nothing stopping JC (or all three for that matter) forming his/their own production company, getting a team together and doing say six hour long episodes as a trial. It would need to be fairly big budget of course, but I'm sure collectively they're worth a few bob.

Then release some previews and see who bites. Top Gear (with those three) has huge global appeal so if it's a success in the UK (which it will be) they'll be laughing all the way to the bank.
        Hasn't JC done 22 seriesworth of 6x1hour previews? I'm sure those who care (sky, etc) are biting already

Comment

There's nothing stopping JC (or all three for that matter) forming his/their own production company, getting a team together and doing say six hour long episodes as a trial.
          Six hours is a bit long...

They did their "Perfect Roadtrip" DVDs (without May) that are also on Netflix. I think that's what they'll do. No studio audience or regular show, just a couple of "we bought three cars" type films a year for Netflix and/or DVD.

Chris Evans this morning was inviting people to send in videos of themselves as a way of searching for new presenters. Anyone tempted?
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

There's nothing stopping JC (or all three for that matter) forming his/their own production company
            He's been the MD of several production companies for quite a while, here's his current one (I suspect it's outside IR35 )..

NEWINCCO 1189 LIMITED
            Cash: £1,837,898
            Assets: £1,837,899
            Net Worth: £1,265,922
            Liabilities: £571,977

Directors:
            Mr Jeremy Clarkson
            Year of Birth: 1960
            Director ID: 917147900

Ms Frances Catherine Clarkson

He's far from a perm BBC employee who's been sacked.
            Last edited by SunnyInHades; 18 June 2015, 09:27.

Comment

Originally posted by unixman View Post
              Another thing - the presenter needs to be able to power-slide a car round a bend at over 100 mph. Can CE do that ? It took JC many years to master, apparently.
              That's because he knows nothing about cars and is a (self-confessed) terrible driver.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

There's nothing stopping JC (or all three for that matter) forming his/their own production company, getting a team together and doing say six hour long episodes as a trial. It would need to be fairly big budget of course, but I'm sure collectively they're worth a few bob.

Then release some previews and see who bites. Top Gear (with those three) has huge global appeal so if it's a success in the UK (which it will be) they'll be laughing all the way to the bank.
                I would imagine the biggest issue would be IP not money, people would expect "Top Gear" from the team and it will be a bit of a minefield if Jezza is seen to do anything similar given he sold the rights for TG back to BBC Worldwide
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                  Amazed nobody is demanding more diversity to replace these three white males.

Update. Oh hang on, we will have a woman!

Chris Evans: Top Gear auditions to seek co-hosts - BBC News

Good start but we still need a black person, a gay person and somebody with a disability.

PS and a non-human. A snail would have a great appreciation of speed, show us things from a new perspective.
                  How do you know the STIG is not a gay, trans gender, minority with a limp?
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                    How do you know the STIG is not a gay, trans gender, minority with a limp?
                    Because Paul O'Neil isn't any of them.
                    (That's who I reckon the current Stig is)
                    I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                      Netflix or Amazon will happily sign them up as they won't care what advertisers want....
                      Not very mass market though is it? it's only one step up from them having their own YouTube channel.

I think it would need to be terrestrial just to get the widest cross section of audience.
                      Originally posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
                      "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Comment

Working...
                      X