• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Good riddance of the week

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good riddance of the week

BBC News - Three UK schoolgirls 'travelling to Syria'

Fair thread title.

Comment

I can predict the media headlines in a few weeks, 3 UK ****pigs arrested on return when they realised that joining ISIS meant having sex with 100 men at a time.
      Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
        I can predict the media headlines in a few weeks, 3 UK ****pigs arrested on return when they realised that joining ISIS meant having sex with 100 men at a time.
        Im looking forward to the Sunday Sport.

Comment

Hmmm. Trouble is, the young can be pretty daft and idealistic. Maybe we should not judge them too harshly until they grow up, get some experience and grasp reality. Most people abandon daft idealism when they get jobs and start paying for it.

Only politicians and nutty celebrities make money out of it. Maybe we should have a rule that nobody can run for parliament unless they have 15 years in gainful employment outside of politics, policies might get a bit more sensible.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
            Hmmm. Trouble is, the young can be pretty daft and idealistic. Maybe we should not judge them too harshly until they grow up, get some experience and grasp reality. Most people abandon daft idealism when they get jobs and start paying for it.
            If they return alive

Comment

well, they will be getting plenty of sun sand sea & sex

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post

Only politicians and nutty celebrities make money out of it. Maybe we should have a rule that nobody can run for parliament unless they have 15 years in gainful employment outside of politics, policies might get a bit more sensible.
                Yep, teenagers (male and female) do very stupid things. But it does annoy me the language that is used to report these things. These are 'schoogirls', the boys who go are 'men' or, at best, 'young men'. Same with criminals and victims of crime - an 18 year old who shoots someone is a man, an 18 year old that gets shot is a boy.

One of the girls is 15, so it is right that it is treated as a child safety issue.

Comment

sorry to say I did smirk when I saw one was called Sultana, I did wonder if this was one of the 72 raisins.

initially you think good riddance then you think they are vulnerable young girls and they are probably going to their death or at least to a fairly unpleasant existence then you just feel sad.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Why feel sad their religion told them to do it and we are not allowed to question that.

Reap what you sow.

Comment

Working...
                    X