• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Good riddance of the week

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe she should be returned. To the Manchester Arena. Along with the families of the victims of the Manchester Arena bombing.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      For folks sake

she has admitted enough on tv to be guilty.
      Well that's okay then, if you're Jeremy Kyle. Fortunately we don't leave judicial questions of guilt or non-guilt up to whatever the telly says.

She left the UK to go fight for IS against the UK - as she freely admits.
      And I'm sure the CPS will take that into account when determining if there is a crime that should be investigated and that she can be charged for.

Or are you telling me we should welcome with open arms someone who is clearly happy seeing your head in a bin?

Or are you now going to tell me she is the victim and has been failed by the white western world and not be her radicalised religion?
      This is a pointless conversation going nowhere. I've stated several times that crimes needs to be investigated by the relevant authorities and brought before a court before there is any conclusion of "guilty" or "not guilty".

I'm not interested in mob justice, or in your fanciful ideas of "either agree with me that she's guilty, or you support ISIS too" conspiracy theories.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        It is vitally important that the message we do not give out is
        a) Feel free to join and fight for enemies of our nation against us - and then expect to be able to come back to the UK
        There's no evidence that she actually fought. I think the crime would be more likely be something like giving aid and comfort to the enemy. Which is also treason in many places.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
          Well that's okay then, if you're Jeremy Kyle. Fortunately we don't leave judicial questions of guilt or non-guilt up to whatever the telly says.

And I'm sure the CPS will take that into account when determining if there is a crime that should be investigated and that she can be charged for.

This is a pointless conversation going nowhere. I've stated several times that crimes needs to be investigated by the relevant authorities and brought before a court before there is any conclusion of "guilty" or "not guilty".

I'm not interested in mob justice, or in your fanciful ideas of "either agree with me that she's guilty, or you support ISIS too" conspiracy theories.
          If she is suspected of terrorist charges the CPS have very little to do with it. It gets handled by the UK internal security services. That is their Job

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
            If she is suspected of terrorist charges the CPS have very little to do with it. It gets handled by the UK internal security services. That is their Job

Several branches are probably involved, but to say that the CPS has very little to do with it is not correct, the SCCTD is a division of the CPS:

Terrorism | The Crown Prosecution Service

Comment

Can't find the balance for this although it does look like this will get it's day in Parliament.

Comment

Interesting factoid: The UK only removed beheading as a punishment for treason in 1973.

Now that'd be the biter bit.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  Interesting factoid: The UK only removed beheading as a punishment for treason in 1973.

But the last actual beheading as execution was of Simon Fraser 1747. Beheading was secondary to hanging as the punishment for treason from 1870.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

But the last actual beheading as execution was of Simon Fraser 1747. Beheading was secondary to hanging as the punishment for treason from 1870.
                    Ah, the good ol' days....

Comment

Shamima Begum: IS teenager to lose UK citizenship - BBC News

Ms Begum gave birth to a baby boy last weekend, having previously lost two children.

Her husband, a Dutch convert to Islam, is thought to have surrendered to a group of Syrian fighters about two weeks ago.

You can take the boy out of Holland but..........
                      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                      X