• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Good riddance of the week

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There was a lot of discussion in the press about why the ethnic origin of those criminals is relevant and should be mentioned. It's not that everyone from one of the two villages these people's ancestors came from will be misogynists and abusers, but that it was a gang operating entirely within one British sub-culture.

Sometimes, ethnic origin is relevant. Sometimes it isn't. In the Rotherham case it was. The children were raped and assaulted and the police and council did nothing precisely because they were entirely within that culture.

Andrew Norfolk, who broke the story considered that the ethnicity was crucial to the story and the investigation, even though, as he points out: "...the vast majority of convicted child-sex offenders in this country — take your pick from crimes against boys, or pre-pubescent children, or institutional or online crimes — are white British men, usually acting alone. "
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
      It's a funny thing. If you wanted to take your family to Turkey (never mind across the border to Syria) you would face a lot of admin.
      scraping the cash together, planning the route, booking the flights, arranging transport. hotels, stopovers.

yet a 15 year old managed it without any seeming difficulty
      Too much pocket money. Fault of the decadent West. Again.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        stupid stupid girls. They will come home walking like John Wayne. guaranteed
        (\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

I suspect that it was all facilitated for them. Girls are actively recruited.

The girls aren't blameless, but they're kids. The Rotherham girls behaved irresponsibly, but it's pretty much accepted that they were groomed and therefore victims of a gang of predatory men. I don't see this as all that different.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            They won't have to worry about that with their new husbands. Nor about trust, equality and freedom...
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              They won't have to worry about that with their new husbands. Nor about trust, equality and freedom...
              'hey raisen, what shall we do tonight ?'

'Dunno. lets go an meet some lads, then come back here. later we can get stoned'
              (\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                I suspect that it was all facilitated for them. Girls are actively recruited.
                I always found girls difficult to recruit.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  Sad. I wish there was a way young people could learn to value these things in their formative years. These girls will learn too but sadly in a more permanent, point-of-no-return way.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                    stupid stupid girls. They will come home walking like John Wayne. guaranteed
                    They're going to marry blokes from IS, they've moved "home". Mind you since IS considers 9 a suitable marriage age for girls they might be seen as a bit old by some of the eligible bachelor types out in Syria.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                      It's all the fault of that Lawrence of Arabia chappie.

I think that he took it up the Bwatti and never complained, though?
                      I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Working...
                      X