• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Calling all Fanbois!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unix View Post
    If you have a macbook you will be familiar with the magsafe connector, which is just a wired charger that stays in place using magnets? It was like that only round.
    The Macbook one is still a plug, just one that is held in by magnets. The watch one looks like a flat plate... so they can CALL it wireless charging, but it's not. Whereas other phoones, you just plonk them on the charging plate, this one is a plug in all but name.

Probably the best wired solution since arsing about with a tiny plug in the dark would be no fun, but not exactly super-slick.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

The Apple Watch charger isn't the same as the magsafe. Its an inductive charger so strictly speaking it is wireless, it just so happens that the Apple Watch has a magnetic inductive charging plate connected to a cable. Obviously one side of an inductive charging system still has to have a cable.

I did read somewhere that the top-end Apple Watch (the Edition gold ones) come in a fancy box that doubles as a charging night stand and I wouldn't be surprised to see third-party charging stands.

Its easy to forget a charging mat isn't wireless when you can just plonk your phone on it but its a bit more difficult to just put a watch down on a flat surface and get the contact required, hence the magnet I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
        its a bit more difficult to just put a watch down on a flat surface and get the contact required, hence the magnet I guess.
        I'd originally wondered if you put it face-down on a charging plate for that reason.

Ultimately a daily charge just seems problematic for something people wear. How much power does a watch use compared to a mechanical watch anyway... is manual winding or energy harvesting from your motion even feasible?
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

"I'll be along in a minute, I'm just charging my watch wirelessly."

Comment

What would be really clever for the watch would be to harvest the energy from
            (a) the Digital Crown (TM)
            (b) your body heat

Comment

19 pages ....

I can't be arsed to look through 19 pages - so if this has been done - bear with me.

If I buy an unlocked iPhone 6 directly from Apple - which UK networks will it/ won't it work on (the 4G bit) ?

Comment

Originally posted by Jubber View Post
                I can't be arsed to look through 19 pages - so if this has been done - bear with me.

If I buy an unlocked iPhone 6 directly from Apple - which UK networks will it/ won't it work on (the 4G bit) ?
                Just found this:

Compatibility with 4G is across the board

Some iPhone 5 models were compatible with certain 4G networks, but not all. O2 and Vodafone customers found that their iPhone 5 wouldn’t work on 4G due to an incompatibility between the 800MHz frequency used by both providers and the receiver inside the iPhone 5. Customers with these providers felt short-changed once the realisation hit, and understandably so, as it meant they were paying for a 4G service they couldn’t receive. No such worries with the iPhone 6.

Comment

Originally posted by Jubber View Post
                  Definitely EE (aka T-Mobile/Orange/Virgin)

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                    Definitely EE (aka T-Mobile/Orange/Virgin)
                    And also Three who, if you can get decent coverage, can't really be beaten if you use a lot of data (unlimited data with 4GB tethering on plans as cheap as £15/month).

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                      The guy sat next to me at ClientCo has been whinging ever since he ordered the phone that it said end of next week when he was ordering but by the time he had ordered he has to wait 10+ working days.

Oh he does go on.
                      Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Working...
                      X