• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Calling all Fanbois!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When did that happen!

Delivery 1 Dispatched: 7- 10 business days
    Delivery: 29 Sep, 2014 - 02 Oct, 2014 by Standard Shipping
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      When did that happen!

Dispatched: Delivers 19/09/2014 by Standard Shipping

Comment

Originally posted by Unix View Post
        Hopefully charging a huge margin on hardware will also leave us.
        Change the record. I remember a few years ago one of the tech websites put together a PC matching, as closely as possible, the precise technical specs of the latest Apple machine (including components the same as, or as near as possible to, those used by Apple, as opposed to no-name parts). It came out a couple of hundred dollars more expensive than the Apple machine.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
          Bet they charge another 20 bucks for Server 4.

I was a pretty dischuffed when Server 2 got disabled during the Mavericks upgrade, cos they didn't tell me that was going to happen beforehand.
          I believe Server is now packaged as an application, rather than being a distinct OS build, as it used to be.

If you have an Apple developer account, you get it free anyway - it's in the members-only downloads section of the developer centre.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Change the record. I remember a few years ago one of the tech websites put together a PC matching, as closely as possible, the precise technical specs of the latest Apple machine (including components the same as, or as near as possible to, those used by Apple, as opposed to no-name parts). It came out a couple of hundred dollars more expensive than the Apple machine.
            Fair enough, I used to have a Mac book air and loved it, also my iPad Air is awesome. Was trolling a bit soz.

Comment

A few years ago a former colleague was shopping for a server plus software and found that the same was true at the server level (this before Apple discontinued the Xserve line).
              Last edited by Sysman; 18 September 2014, 18:40.
              Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

I believe Server is now packaged as an application, rather than being a distinct OS build, as it used to be.
                Yes it has been an application since Lion linky

The problem with the upgrade to Mavericks was they didn't tell me beforehand that it would disable Server.app, and once I'd downloaded the new version of that it took ages to perform the upgrade, during which time I was without LDAP logins, DHCP or DNS servers. Bad communication on Apple's part there.

I can report that today's 10.9.5 also disabled the current Server.app, but this time I was prepared and the upgrade to the latest Server.app didn't take long at all.

If you have an Apple developer account, you get it free anyway - it's in the members-only downloads section of the developer centre.
                I didn't realise that. Ta.
                Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Even though I'm not a fanboi, I understand Apple need to make higher margins off the hardware - but that story just doesn't ring true. They don't make junk, and you have to include the packaging, but Apple aren't renowned for splashing out on the most expensive components. They ARE overpriced in terms of building a like-for-like spec, just as you can buy something which will match a 911 around the track for less money... IF raw performance is all you care about.

I think the "they don't actually cost more" argument detracts from the truth, which is that you are paying for more than just a spec-sheet. You pay for the grams and cubic inches you're not getting, and you're paying for design. If you don't GAS about those things, and a PC is just a box which does computing, Apple IS expensive, and that's fine.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    Even though I'm not a fanboi, I understand Apple need to make higher margins off the hardware - but that story just doesn't ring true. They don't make junk, and you have to include the packaging, but Apple aren't renowned for splashing out on the most expensive components. They ARE overpriced in terms of building a like-for-like spec, just as you can buy something which will match a 911 around the track for less money... IF raw performance is all you care about.

I think the "they don't actually cost more" argument detracts from the truth, which is that you are paying for more than just a spec-sheet. You pay for the grams and cubic inches you're not getting, and you're paying for design. If you don't GAS about those things, and a PC is just a box which does computing, Apple IS expensive, and that's fine.
                    I agree 100%, that's why Apple do well in laptops, tablets and phones, they are status symbols and visible to others. Whereas buying a workstation that sits under a desk you are not as concerned with aesthetics.

Apples laptops tablets and probably phones now are the best in terms of design and feel and end to end function.

Comment

oops.

BBC News - First buyer in Perth drops iPhone 6 during TV interview

Comment

Working...
                      X