• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Calling all Fanbois!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I can get an watch that acts as a phone? Awesome. Is it compatible with my phone that tells me the time?
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Just a reminder when iOS 8 starts to filter out today, DO NOT UPGRADE TO iCLOUD DRIVE yet as its not backwards compatible with iOS 7 or OSX Maverick's

PSA: Don't Enable iCloud Drive When You Upgrade to iOS 8 Yet
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        Just a reminder when iOS 8 starts to filter out today, DO NOT UPGRADE TO iCLOUD DRIVE yet as its not backwards compatible with iOS 7 or OSX Maverick's

Not a problem if you are running Yosemite....
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          Not a problem if you are running Yosemite....
          Or Windows

The feature I am most looking forward to in Yosemite is the SMS/iMessage integration but its disabled in the Beta so holding off at the moment, might upgrade when my contract ends and I don't use my MacBook Pro on client site everyday

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Or Windows

The feature I am most looking forward to in Yosemite is the SMS/iMessage integration
            How will this work - mean I can send SMS to non-Apple users from my PC, or only that I can send/receive native iMessage to/from Apple devices? The SMS/iMessage stuff on the phones/iPads is quite neat.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              How will this work - mean I can send SMS to non-Apple users from my PC, or only that I can send/receive native iMessage to/from Apple devices? The SMS/iMessage stuff on the phones/iPads is quite neat.
              It will work similar to how iMessage does now from iPad/OSX, but it will be expanded to non-iMessage users too

Comment

It will work similar to how iMessage does now from iPad/OSX, but it will be expanded to non-iMessage users too
                so it's a bit like e-mail or googlehangouts then?

Comment

Apple's servers will send an SMS if it's a non-Apple device? How will the recipient know who the message is from, and will they be able to reply by SMS - in other words does the whole thing work totally slickly like on a phone? The difference on a phone of course being you have a phone number to send the message from...
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

A bit more from the Readdle folks:

Hi there! We are here to help you upgrade to iOS 8 safely!
                    iOS 8 offers loads of new features and capabilities. No doubt that iCloud Drive is one of the main ones. However, switching to iCloud Drive might cause some difficulties with your iCloud files.

Therefore, to adopt the new technology with no danger of data loss, we strongly recommend you to follow the guidance below.

1. When installing iOS 8, choose "Not Now" in iCloud Drive menu.
                    2. Before you decide to enable iCloud Drive, make sure, that all your Apple devices are upgraded to iOS 8 and Mac OS Yosemite.
                    3. Wait a couple of days till most of your apps get an iOS 8 update and iCloud Drive support.
                    4. Backup your iCloud files to Dropbox or another web storage.
                    5. Enable iCloud Drive on all your devices at the same time.
                    6. The migration takes some time, so wait till your files become accessible through iCloud Drive.

My highlight on the Yosemite bit. Anyone know when that is due?
                    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Anyone know at what time iOS 8 will become available?

Comment

Working...
                      X