• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Calling all Fanbois!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post

The company secretary (my wife) is looking forward to receiving her second hand iPhone 5 next Friday as she is fed up with the iPhone 4 and its defective home button,
    Just turn on the virtual home button

Settings > General > Accessibility > Assistive Touch

Comment

Originally posted by rhubarb View Post
      Just turn on the virtual home button

Settings > General > Accessibility > Assistive Touch
      I did read that trick ages ago, don't know why I didn't turn it on. A moot point now as she will have a much better phone in a weeks time.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
        Lightning*

* I know a song about that
        Is it very very frightening?
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Unix View Post
          Neither the IPhone of the Watch have wireless charging, the phone requires a magsafe connector and the iPhone will be thunderbolt.
          Source? I'm not at all surprised about the phone, wireless charging hasn't really taken off even though it's pretty cool. But it seems it would make sense on a watch. Maybe it adds too much bulk.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            Source? I'm not at all surprised about the phone, wireless charging hasn't really taken off even though it's pretty cool. But it seems it would make sense on a watch. Maybe it adds too much bulk.
            I watched the event when they described it.

Comment

I watched the event when they described it.
              So did a whole load of idiots who are posting contradictory stories on the web Did they explicitly mention how the phone charges and/or show what the charger looks like?

edit: the picture I see shows wireless charging but in a way that's stretching the term. It's basically wired charging but you don't plug it in. Neat design - the magsafe socket was a brilliant idea - but it's not really fair to call it wireless.
              Last edited by d000hg; 12 September 2014, 14:30.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Too late for some!

IPhone 6 Plus Pre-Orders Now Face 3-4 Week Shipping Delay - Bloomberg

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                  That was the case at 9:15 this morning.
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    So did a whole load of idiots who are posting contradictory stories on the web Did they explicitly mention how the phone charges and/or show what the charger looks like?

edit: the picture I see shows wireless charging but in a way that's stretching the term. It's basically wired charging but you don't plug it in. Neat design - the magsafe socket was a brilliant idea - but it's not really fair to call it wireless.
                    If you have a macbook you will be familiar with the magsafe connector, which is just a wired charger that stays in place using magnets? It was like that only round.

Comment

If you have a macbook you will be familiar with the magsafe connector, which is just a wired charger that stays in place using magnets? It was like that only round.
                      But true wireless charging where you place it on a matt wouldn't help with a watch anyway. You still need to take it off to charge it. Wireless or not, it means you can't do any sleep analysis or anything during the night.

Mind you I prefer taking my watch off to sleep anyway.

Comment

Working...
                      X