• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Salmond "We can take Scotland in two weeks"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It will be catastrophic.

Scotland's finances are in a terrible way and that is before you take into account price rises, increased borrowing costs and losing the financials.

Comment

Unix thinks this is funny

Originally posted by Unix View Post
      An Englishman beheading a Scotsman on TV, surely that's a few yes votes? .
      ....just wondering how many people think this is funny? You know - like something Kevin Bridges would come up with.

So sad or funny?

Comment

The vote looks very close.

Scottish independence referendum - Poll Tracker - BBC News

I doubt the polls can predict the outcome.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
          It will be catastrophic.

Scotland's finances are in a terrible way and that is before you take into account price rises, increased borrowing costs and losing the financials.
          Hmm who should we believe Martin Gilbert, chief executive of Aberdeen Asset Management who control a trillion in assets or minestrone who's assets are a few empty cans of super- Cali?

Martin Gilbert, chief executive of Aberdeen Asset Managemen

Comment

Originally posted by Unix View Post
            Hmm who should we believe Martin Gilbert, chief executive of Aberdeen Asset Management who control a trillion in assets or minestrone who's assets are a few empty cans of super- Cali?

Martin Gilbert, chief executive of Aberdeen Asset Managemen
            Scotland has not had a surplus since the 80s. We cant pay our way even with all the oil that is fast running out.

This has been the biggest con job I can think of, how people are voting from this. We are absolutely fooked if it happens.

Comment

I sold my house in 2008, rented for 2 years and went back in after the correction. I wish I had done the same again now.

House prices will be down 30% in a couple of years.

Lawyers have referendum clauses in house offers now allowing the bidder to back out of a yes vote happens.

Comment

Scotland has not had a surplus since the 80s. We cant pay our way even with all the oil that is fast running out.

This has been the biggest con job I can think of, how people are voting from this. We are absolutely fooked if it happens.
                Quite probably. But sat south of the border between the two cities most of the jobs will move to its going to be fun to watch....
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I sold my house in 2008, rented for 2 years and went back in after the correction. I wish I had done the same again now.

House prices will be down 30% in a couple of years.

Lawyers have referendum clauses in house offers now allowing the bidder to back out of a yes vote happens.
                  Our friends needed a valuation to build an extension. They are unable to put a valuation if there is a Yes vote...

The fact the company is moving to Leeds if its a Yes vote will merely make it worse...
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Scottish Election Poll of the web says society will vote YES

This unionist thinks it will be yes, based on his analysis which helped him predict previous elections. Is it our own Russian squirrel loving friend?

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                      Our friends needed a valuation to build an extension. They are unable to put a valuation if there is a Yes vote...

The fact the company is moving to Leeds if its a Yes vote will merely make it worse...
                      I can only describe what is happening just now as a mass delusion bordering on hysteria. Frightening. This type of stuff only seems to happen when nationalism gets stirred up.

Our mortgage is up for renewal, I should have sorted it before now. We can cash purchase it if we need to but I think getting a mortgage is going to be a lot harder next week if there is a yes.

I think medium term we will look to leave, especially as the wife's 6 figure salary wont be tolerated in a new Scotland.

Comment

Working...
                      X