• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Salmond "We can take Scotland in two weeks"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too much time discussing polls.

Nobody wants to discuss the economic facts.

Another SNP trick.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      I can only describe what is happening just now as a mass delusion bordering on hysteria. Frightening. This type of stuff only seems to happen when nationalism gets stirred up.

Our mortgage is up for renewal, I should have sorted it before now. We can cash purchase it if we need to but I think getting a mortgage is going to be a lot harder next week if there is a yes.

I think medium term we will look to leave, especially as the wife's 6 figure salary wont be tolerated in a new Scotland.
      It will be harder to get a mortgage. UK banks will view lending in Scotland as more of a risk until the hard economics are locked down. You will then have to borrow money from a bank in Scotland which will be backed by Scottish only reserves and regulated by whatever version of the FCA appears in Scotland.
      The UK FCA has already stated that it will not regulate an advised mortgage sale in Scotland post split - which means differing rates, conditions etc.

Contingency planning for banks will slow down lending in Scotland - which is a shame as house prices will go through the floor.

Comment

I can only describe what is happening just now as a mass delusion bordering on hysteria. Frightening. This type of stuff only seems to happen when nationalism gets stirred up.

Our mortgage is up for renewal, I should have sorted it before now. We can cash purchase it if we need to but I think getting a mortgage is going to be a lot harder next week if there is a yes.

I think medium term we will look to leave, especially as the wife's 6 figure salary wont be tolerated in a new Scotland.
        I think they hysteria is coming from you and the no side. You do know we will still have BOE behind us for 18 months after the vote?

I have a friend who works in Barclays wealth and he says there is no extra activity with capital, it's all media spin.
        Only gullible no voters would fall for this obvious stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by Unix View Post
          I have a friend who works in Barclays wealth and he says there is no extra activity with capital, it's all media spin.
          Did you miss the announcements last week that 450 billion will be moving?

Comment

Why would they move them when we will still be using the same currency backed by the same central bank format least 18 months? Luckily people in charge of the vast sums of money understand basic finance and don't use daily mail headlines to guide them.

Comment

I think they hysteria is coming from you and the no side. You do know we will still have BOE behind us for 18 months after the vote?
              How many mortgages do you know for terms less than 18 months?

Maybe you can ask your friend in Barclays.

Comment

Why would they move them when we will still be using the same currency backed by the same central bank format least 18 months? Luckily people in charge of the vast sums of money understand basic finance and don't use daily mail headlines to guide them.
                I will say once more for the idiot...

Comment

I will say once more for the idiot...

I missed that one, I'm sure you have a link to an official announcement from a reputable source?

Comment

Only gullible no voters would fall for this obvious stupidity.
                    You have a friend?
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                      You have a friend?
                      If I count all my friends here on CUK then yes

Comment

Working...
                      X