• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Salmond "We can take Scotland in two weeks"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Cant be worse than releasing the Lockerbie bomber. That was a real SNP fook up.
    Although to be fair, he didn't actually do it (probably).

Comment

The campaign hots up....

Scottish Independence: Salmond pans intimidation - The Scotsman
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        I think that is absolute nonsense (with the deepest respect of course). Quebec had a very close referendum in 1995, and hasn't had one since, because an acceptable constitutional settlement within Canada was found and support drained away. The same is likely to happen in the UK after a No, vote, not perhaps enough to satisfy everyone but enough to drain away some of the Yes support.
        I don't know, it is the reckless disregard for the financial sector that stands this one out and the SNP are still regionally in charge of so much.

Comment

The great think about being Salmond, is that if you're ahead in the polls, it means you're going to win, whereas if you're behind, you're delighted to be the underdog. Or maybe I'm being unfair and that's just politicians.
          Yes, that's a good point OG.

The Tories didn't parade Hague the night before the election in '97 as 'The next prime minister of the UK' when they knew they were about to get trounced.

Have you ever seen any politician turn to a camera and say "Oh, is that what the poll says ? That means I'm fucked'

Why would you expect Salmond to be any different ?
          When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

I think they are calling yesterday black Wednesday, it must have been bad for the nationalists. Their usual strategy is pretty much whack a mole, don't explain anything just talk down the person and message coming from the other side. I think the nos realised this and sent a flood of people into the debate yesterday, the nationalists just went into an uncontrolled frenzy and it came across really quite bad.
            They being the MSM

100 Labour MPs came north on the train, stood for 15 minutes on the steps whilst Grommet (or is it Wallace?) tried to shout over the Star Wars theme

They then all went for a pub lunch before catching the train back south again. Oh, and claimed it all on expenses which we all paid for

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
              Yes, that's a good point OG.

The Tories didn't parade Hague the night before the election in '97 as 'The next prime minister of the UK' when they knew they were about to get trounced.

Have you ever seen any politician turn to a camera and say "Oh, is that what the poll says ? That means I'm fucked'

Why would you expect Salmond to be any different ?
              As I said, I'm being a bit unfair - just having a bit of fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Batcher View Post
                They being the MSM

100 Labour MPs came north on the train, stood for 15 minutes on the steps whilst Grommet (or is it Wallace?) tried to shout over the Star Wars theme

They then all went for a pub lunch before catching the train back south again. Oh, and claimed it all on expenses which we all paid for
                I think yesterday was a massive day and a bad one for yes.

If you can't see that then you are completely blind to what is going on.

Comment

Whos's the guy on the end with the microphone? He looks like a right nutter (or it might just be the camera angle) and whats with the pale blue and pink set-up?

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I think that is absolute nonsense (with the deepest respect of course). Quebec had a very close referendum in 1995, and hasn't had one since, because an acceptable constitutional settlement within Canada was found and support drained away. The same is likely to happen in the UK after a No, vote, not perhaps enough to satisfy everyone but enough to drain away some of the Yes support.
                    I don't think that's correct. I read an article the other day where it was said they agreed to talk in the event of a No vote to get an agreement much like we've been promised more powers by people not in the postion to grant them. So far, no agreement has been reached and it's caused frustration in Quebec. I'll try and find a link.

Comment

I don't know, it is the reckless disregard for the financial sector that stands this one out and the SNP are still regionally in charge of so much.
                      Scotland needs to dump the big banks who almost took down the global economy. Let them move out, smaller more competitive banks will take there place.

Comment

Working...
                      X