• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any Umbrella company availing Wage Rescue Plan??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Umbrella company availing Wage Rescue Plan??

In normal scenario, umbrella company is your employee and responsible for your PAYE, holidays etc and they get monthly charges. So, I would expect that incase if I loose my job due to Corona, at least they avail govt scheme and do follow employer duties as long as there is no financial impact to them.

I want to know if there is any such umbrella company or is it that all are interested in their business than consultants....

Umbrellas aren't HR. They are businesses. The will all focus on their business. They will all (the proper ones) follow the same model as well. They only have limited reserves as they work on money coming in rather than a bottomless pit like HR depts.

You are asking for a unicorn there. Too late to do anything about it even if there were.

Sorry.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

But I do wonder if some will do that to differentiate themselves.

They could claim the amount being offered and deduct their fee etc and pay that over? The companies don't have to make up the 20% shortfall so really the umbrellas aren't going to be losing anything.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

They could claim the amount being offered and deduct their fee etc and pay that over? The companies don't have to make up the 20% shortfall so really the umbrellas aren't going to be losing anything.
        You would hope so wouldn't you. Be interesting if it offering a different model/process with affect their membership of the cartel though.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

The problem with that statement is that the devil on all this is in the detail and we haven't seen any of the detail yet.

Heck the latest information I saw is that the website for registering claims may not be ready until late April / early May and only then will we know if it will work.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            The problem with that statement is that the devil on all this is in the detail and we haven't seen any of the detail yet.

Heck the latest information I saw is that the website for registering claims may not be ready until late April / early May and only then will we know if it will work.
            Very true. There's a huge amount of work etc needed to get the scheme running and define who can claim on it. I'm more hoping that the better umbrellas are keeping an eye on this and, if they are eligible to claim on it, they will do so for their customers.

Comment

It definitely is in the detail! In order to be eligible the employee must be "furloughed" and not completing any work at home, yet the umbrella cannot guarantee that there will be work at the end of it, so are unlikely to be able to furlough you, I am guessing unless the end client can guarantee the work post Covid. If the end client chooses to terminate, then it becomes out of our control.

We are being asked about this and as of yet we are unable to give a definitive answer which we know is not helpful. Also the issue of being an employee for tax purposes

If I get further details, I will let you all know.

Comment

It's actually a bloody good business idea. No contractors to deal with, all the fees coming in for the hassle of signing up to the government payout scheme. Hold my beer. Lucy??!?!?!
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                  Hassle of signing up to the government payout scheme. Hold my beer. Lucy??!?!?!
                  Lol who said working via an umbrella company was a $*** idea?
                  Just need more "clarity" and I will be right back to you all!

Comment

Originally posted by lucyclarityumbrella View Post
                    Lol who said working via an umbrella company was a $*** idea?
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                    X