• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Any Umbrella company availing Wage Rescue Plan??"

Collapse

• lucyclarityumbrella
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    He could have knocked you up instead...
    Think I may have to retrain as a divorce lawyer or a midwife now!

Leave a comment:

• lucyclarityumbrella
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Commission payable in John Lewis vouchers please Lucy x
    That's ok they will probably have zero value soon!

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by lucyclarityumbrella View Post
    How to knock a woman when she’s down
    He could have knocked you up instead...

Leave a comment:

• lucyclarityumbrella
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    How to knock a woman when she’s down

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Lol who said working via an umbrella company was a $*** idea?
    Just need more "clarity" and I will be right back to you all!
    Commission payable in John Lewis vouchers please Lucy x

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
    Really? What does it say for example?
    He's calling you an incompetent eejit in a nice way.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• escapeUK
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    That probably says more about you and Parasol than anything else..
    Really? What does it say for example?

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
    Anyone who ever worked via one said it, that's who. My one and only regret in contracting was involving Parasol for the first 9 months.
    That probably says more about you and Parasol than anything else..

Leave a comment:

• escapeUK
    replied
    Anyone who ever worked via one said it, that's who. My one and only regret in contracting was involving Parasol for the first 9 months.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied

Leave a comment:

• lucyclarityumbrella
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Hassle of signing up to the government payout scheme. Hold my beer. Lucy??!?!?!

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    But I do wonder if some will do that to differentiate themselves.

They could claim the amount being offered and deduct their fee etc and pay that over? The companies don't have to make up the 20% shortfall so really the umbrellas aren't going to be losing anything.
    It's actually a bloody good business idea. No contractors to deal with, all the fees coming in for the hassle of signing up to the government payout scheme. Hold my beer. Lucy??!?!?!

Leave a comment:

• lucyclarityumbrella
    replied
    It definitely is in the detail! In order to be eligible the employee must be "furloughed" and not completing any work at home, yet the umbrella cannot guarantee that there will be work at the end of it, so are unlikely to be able to furlough you, I am guessing unless the end client can guarantee the work post Covid. If the end client chooses to terminate, then it becomes out of our control.

We are being asked about this and as of yet we are unable to give a definitive answer which we know is not helpful. Also the issue of being an employee for tax purposes

If I get further details, I will let you all know.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    The problem with that statement is that the devil on all this is in the detail and we haven't seen any of the detail yet.

Heck the latest information I saw is that the website for registering claims may not be ready until late April / early May and only then will we know if it will work.
    Very true. There's a huge amount of work etc needed to get the scheme running and define who can claim on it. I'm more hoping that the better umbrellas are keeping an eye on this and, if they are eligible to claim on it, they will do so for their customers.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    But I do wonder if some will do that to differentiate themselves.

They could claim the amount being offered and deduct their fee etc and pay that over? The companies don't have to make up the 20% shortfall so really the umbrellas aren't going to be losing anything.
    The problem with that statement is that the devil on all this is in the detail and we haven't seen any of the detail yet.

Heck the latest information I saw is that the website for registering claims may not be ready until late April / early May and only then will we know if it will work.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X