• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Government packages

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dx4100 View Post
    Yes your monthly payments increase after the 3 months...
    Yes, your outstanding balance will have increased by the monthly interest (assuming it’s just a payment holiday), and if your term remains the same, you’ll need to pay more back each month to repay it.

For anyone who is able to extend their term, think about any insurances you have that might now finish earlier than the new end date. Shouldn’t be a big deal, but something to be mindful of.

Comment

I started at umbrella after Feb 28th so not covered by that - that on the governments side was a low blow.
      Seems this particular issue has been picked up by media.

The petition is here:
      Petition . New starter furlough: Support workers who started their job after 28th Feb 2020 . Change.org

News:
      Coronavirus: New job starters 'petrified' over wage help scheme - BBC News
      and on many other sites.

Comment

Why the 28th Feb ? What was the reason ?

Is it so people don't make up employees to claim extra ??

Who on the 1st March saw any of this coming ? Seems grossly unfair!

Comment

Why the 28th Feb ? What was the reason ?

Is it so people don't make up employees to claim extra ??

Who on the 1st March saw any of this coming ? Seems grossly unfair!
          Because, as with everything, there always has to be a cut off. Many organisations do payroll monthly so the last full month before the measure was announced is probably easier to manage, especially as that will be the last month for which returns will have been done.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            Because, as with everything, there always has to be a cut off. Many organisations do payroll monthly so the last full month before the measure was announced is probably easier to manage, especially as that will be the last month for which returns will have been done.
            I get there needs to be a cut off - personal I think it should of been fair to use the date of the announcement was the fairest possible. Feels like that ship has sailed though. Doubt they will change it.

Comment

I get there needs to be a cut off - personal I think it should of been fair to use the date of the announcement was the fairest possible. Feels like that ship has sailed though. Doubt they will change it.
              The Government did use the most appropriate date for the cut off to avoid fraud which was February's payroll. If you are on February's payroll HMRC know where you are working, if you aren't it is too open to fraud.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                The Government did use the most appropriate date for the cut off to avoid fraud which was February's payroll. If you are on February's payroll HMRC know where you are working, if you aren't it is too open to fraud.
                I think the "extra 4 weeks to complete your January self assessment return" opens that up quite spectacularly
                ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Will everyone who was employed at 28/2 be on a Feb payroll? What if someone started *on* 28/2? I wonder if they'll actually use March payroll as the indicator.

Comment

Ok so its fraud drive you think - does make sense - while still being dreadfully unfair and unhelpful in these times.

I wonder how much fraud will happen around this area.

Comment

I wonder how much fraud will happen around this area.
                      Lots.

The general law of "if I can, I will" is likely to apply

Comment

Working...
                      X