• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Government packages

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Government packages

I know there have been one or two threads on this but as usual the signal to noise ratio is close to zero.

Can anyone answer my questions in very simple terms?

1. Can my Ltd co. access the package announced for small businesses to pay me as the director? Is this conditional on whether it's a bricks and mortar business (i.e. whether the company pays business rates or not)? This would exclude Ltd co.s of contractors.

2. Can I as an individual access the package announced for the self-employed, even though I am not classed as sole trader?

I am currently in a contract but not sure for how much longer.

Thanks.

Keeping an eye on these pages at the moment

It's thought that there may be a self employed announcement this week (possibly tomorrow). However as always it depends on whether we're "self employed" for the purposes of the question.

Coronavirus: what IPSE is doing and advice for freelancers and the self-employed | IPSE

Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme: what limited company contractors need to know

Radio silence from the usual organisations/accountants who would normally be putting out a press release per day, strange...
    ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

So you think starting another with exactly the same questions but they apply only to you is going to help?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        So you think starting another with exactly the same questions but they apply only to you is going to help?
        It might, if you and your banal comments manage to stay out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by OneManBand View Post
          I know there have been one or two threads on this but as usual the signal to noise ratio is close to zero.

Can anyone answer my questions in very simple terms?

1. Can my Ltd co. access the package announced for small businesses to pay me as the director? Is this conditional on whether it's a bricks and mortar business (i.e. whether the company pays business rates or not)? This would exclude Ltd co.s of contractors.

2. Can I as an individual access the package announced for the self-employed, even though I am not classed as sole trader?

I am currently in a contract but not sure for how much longer.

Thanks.
          1. Currently No

2. Currently No

HTHBIDI
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

There's a noise to signal ratio issue because there is nothing to say so everyone is reduced to speculation.

Whatever the government comes up with, it won't be enough, it won't deal with some special case, it won't last long enough, etc etc

Like everyone else, you just have to sit tight and wait.

Comment

+1

Comment

IPSE are running a webinar on this subject at 12:30... at the same time as PMQs. In their wisdom.
                ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
                  IPSE are running a webinar on this subject at 12:30... at the same time as PMQs. In their wisdom.
                  IPSE won't to know that PMQs was going to be extended until 1pm. That was only announced at 11:00 today...
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Anyone got their free £10 k yet ???

Sent from my SM-G930F using Contractor UK Forum mobile app
                    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Working...
                    X