• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

Government packages

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by dx4100 View Post
    Why the 28th Feb ? What was the reason ?

    Is it so people don't make up employees to claim extra ??

    Who on the 1st March saw any of this coming ? Seems grossly unfair!
    It is very unfair, yes.

    However the scheme is going from March for an initial 3 months which means end of May at the moment. If you have any kind of termination notice period, like 2 weeks for example, that means April is mostly covered, so as per current status it's only a 2K "loss".

    By the end of May things will change a lot, deaths will stabilize, we will hopefully have enough tests, enough ventillators, maybe a drug which helps a bit and people will be REALLY fed up with the lockdown.

    So the topic will change to easing lockdown, trying to revive economy and living together with the virus on the long term.
    And once lockdowns are eased interviews will start to happen.

    Maybe the scheme gets a month or two extension, but I don't see them being able to maintain the scheme for more than 6 months total - I don't think anyone will work for years in the frontline while others get the same money while sitting at home.

    IMO it is a game of somehow surviving April and May and then you won't lose too much. In the meantime use your anger as motivation to learn, go on hackerrank and practise etc., learn new skills etc., in the end this is what will bring $$$ in, not the government schemes.

    In my opinion it might also be possible that as time goes they will shift the initial deadline, but the earliest date to announce that March is included is next week as you can submit march FPS to HMRC until 5th of April, so they can only announce anything like this only afterwards in order to avoid mass fraud.
    Last edited by tester552; 2 April 2020, 15:06.

    Comment


      Modifying wages

      If the 80% is based on February payment, isn't this open to fiddling by resubmitting a higher figure for this month?

      Comment


        Isn't this open to someone modifying their February wage to a higher figure to gain more (from the 80%) by re-submitting it to HMRC now?

        Comment


          Originally posted by Phil Low View Post
          Isn't this open to someone modifying their February wage to a higher figure to gain more (from the 80%) by re-submitting it to HMRC now?
          If the employee has been employed for the full 12 months prior to the claim then you use the higher of either:

          the same month’s earnings from the previous year OR

          average monthly earnings from the 2019-2020 tax year
          Last edited by Craig@Clarity; 2 April 2020, 22:06. Reason: Didn't make it clear enough

          Comment


            Originally posted by Craig@Clarity View Post
            If the employee has been employed for the full 12 months prior to the claim then you use the higher of either:

            the same month’s earnings from the previous year OR

            average monthly earnings from the 2019-2020 tax year
            What if the worker was employed for less than a year? How do you work out the claim?

            Claim the average monthly earnings since they started.

            Comment


              Originally posted by Craig@Clarity View Post
              What if the worker was employed for less than a year? How do you work out the claim?

              Claim the average monthly earnings since they started.
              Craig quoting himself? Is he succumbing to cabin fever? Not handling self isolation so well?

              We are here to help!!!! Come lie down and tell doctor NLUK all about it.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

              Comment


                Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                Craig quoting himself? Is he succumbing to cabin fever? Not handling self isolation so well?

                We are here to help!!!! Come lie down and tell doctor NLUK all about it.
                The beer is drying up and I don't want to leave the house

                Comment


                  Now then. I got my 10K grant, delivered silently to my business bank account, this morning. Noice !!!!
                  When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X