• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I just need to get two references ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two agents having a fight!

And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Another Dodgy Agent View Post
      <snip a whole pile of wrong>
      You think what you like. You'll still be wrong. I wash my hands of you now.
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Based on what???? You really are a sad waste of space DA. I suspect you have no insight into recruitment but are in fact an IT contractor that was wronged many years ago and now bides time on here trying to right wrongs, you are definitely not an agent. At least the agents have the guts to admit they are on here you complete loser.
        at how wrong I think you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          Two agents having a fight!

/Grabs popcorn
          /Takes seat
          /Action!

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
            at how wrong I think you are.
            WHS. Except I know for a fact ADA is completely wrong.

Comment

Oh by the way, those who did contact me out of those 25, 18 said they thought you were a twat and advised me not to rise to your bait. There it is! In the words of one member, "why doesn't he (DA) flip off!"
              So most people who contacted you were just sucking up to you to gain favour for future roles...
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by ddilling View Post
                Part of the procedure for getting me a resident permit in Switerland was submitting two references. They were never called and it seems like a geniune legal requirement.
                It wasn't when I got my work permit.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

... Oh by the way, those who did contact me out of those 25, 18 said they thought you were a twat ..
                  Of course, I'm not party to these PMs but that doesn't ring true. I don't agree with DA on politics/economics but he knows his onions on Contracting and he takes a lot of stick on here (about agents) without resorting to the sort of stuff you've posted here.
                  Last edited by Peoplesoft bloke; 18 June 2009, 11:19.

Comment

Influence is done, 25 members contacted me via PM for help. Bit more than you have achieved (or even offered), I will do my best for them, more than you have achieved DA you complete selfish, useless waste of space. You stink, as does your advice and when it comes to it you can do nothing for nobody. Failure mate, that's you, sorry but that is you. Go away. Oh by the way, those who did contact me out of those 25, 18 said they thought you were a twat and advised me not to rise to your bait. There it is! In the words of one member, "why doesn't he (DA) flip off!"
                    What a complete blowhard you are. Utterly tiresome.
                    Last edited by smiff; 18 June 2009, 16:08.

Comment

the Reply

Hi Folks

To be honest I cannot understand the animosity. The argument is between me and DA, not the rest of you.

However you are entitled to your opinions, and strong opinions in some cases.

Either way, I strongly believe that an agent a) has the right to ask for references/checks (which was the point of the original post) and b) should not be criticised/chastised for doing so.

Some of you (all 5 at current count) feel a need to stick up for DA against my comments, no problem, as much as DA is entitled to opinion then so are you all, however I disagree with DA on pretty much most things, I think we had an agreement between us in December 2008, either way, he is entitled to his opinion as much as you and as much as I am.

I will speak out and I speak as I find, in other words if we were face to face in a pub then I would speak as I type, I believe internet forums should act as such, someone (bless them) earlier stated, hey agents fighting (or similar), not really, its just a point of opinion.

I get annoyed that DA's main response is that said person is speaking bulltulip because DA does not agree. Sorry but I will counter that by slagging DA off, not everything is bulltulip just because DA does not agree with it.

Someone pointed out that members were sucking up to me, why the hell would they do that? I am not the magic "jobs finder person". I will do my best to help those people, but may not be able to drag the perfect role from the air.

Out of interest when did DA (or any other agent for that matter) ever suggest the idea of contacting him/her with your CV on the basis of helping any of you secure another contract? I bet it has never happened but then I guess most on here would reach the assumption that it was "fishing"??

Sad world we live in. You have clients on here (potentially with the various PMs), agents and contractors/candidates. If we could all connect then we could probably help one another, but all the time we are nit picking then we are no further forward and no one benefits.

Its been a damning experience!
                      I don't want to achieve immortality through my work... I want to achieve it through not dying...

Comment

Working...
                      X