• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Veritas-IT - unpaid invoices.....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dev0173 View Post
    They're definitely in administration. The receptionist confirmed it to me over the phone (eventually) this morning.

There are perhaps a dozen of us here at my current client who are owed money by Veritas. Personally I'm down about £7k but some others are owed substantially more. The client ended the relationship with Veritas back in July (don't know why) and a few of us still had a fair bit of time left on the contract. The majority of invoices raised in that time haven't been paid.

We're all in Milton Keynes so we were going to pay them a visit this lunchtime but canceled the plan when we found out that the administrators had been called in. It was probably a bad plan anyway.

Steve
    did your agent give you his mobile number

Comment

The client ended the relationship with Veritas in July and didn't bother to tell you? Veritas didn't either. NICE.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

They did tell us, but they also advised us to see out the contract then transfer to another agent (that they selected).

The client foisted Veritas on us in the first place so I'm not at all happy with them.

(I've just seen the resourcing manager walk purposefully down the office and into the Legal Dept! I wonder what they're going to be talking about!?)
        Is this the right room for an argument?

Comment

PCG Plus members have cover to a certain extent for a bankrupt agency.

Get onto them quickly.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
            PCG Plus members have cover to a certain extent for a bankrupt agency.

Get onto them quickly.
            We will be onto them - there are a few of us here in the same boat

P.S - does anyone have a number for Jason Giller or any other numbers for their offices. We are trying to find out who the administrators are.
            Last edited by funkyd; 20 September 2007, 14:59.

Comment

Originally posted by dev0173 View Post
              (I've just seen the resourcing manager walk purposefully down the office and into the Legal Dept! I wonder what they're going to be talking about!?)
              Planning a round of golf, probably

Comment

Originally posted by plewthwaite View Post
                did your agent give you his mobile number
                I only have a number for the guy that was the Account Manager up until Veritas and my client parted ways. He left the company three weeks ago though.
                Is this the right room for an argument?

Comment

Originally posted by funkyd View Post
                  We will be onto them - there are a few of us here in the same boat

P.S - does anyone have a number for Jason Giller or any other numbers for their offices. We are trying to find out who the administrators are.
                  I could be wrong but looks like Jason Giller is leaving the country tomorrow ...

http://www.willen-flyers.com/

Comment

Request for Information on Liquidation

Guys, we're a recrutiment agency (I know,not your favourite breed at the mo) but as an ex IT contractor of long standing you have my comisserations.

If anybody finds out the name of the administrators I would be very grateful if you could drop me a line. We are trying to take people on and could potentially make life easier for the staff over there.

If any of you are moving your contract, please fell free to contact us. However I STRONGLY advise you to take advice from an independent source before making such a move. The PCG is an excellent forum for this.

Stuart Murray MD CandelaMedia Limited

Comment

The vultures are circling...

One piece of advice to youse all out there. Before jumping ship, make sure that the 'lifeboat' you're jumping into hasn't got a leak itself.

Credit check any new agency that offersx to take you on.
                      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                      X