• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Veritas-IT - unpaid invoices.....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One problem here funkyd - to go to a judge you have to take them to court and once they go into administration you can't do that!

Comment

Originally posted by WindyAnna View Post
      One problem here funkyd - to go to a judge you have to take them to court and once they go into administration you can't do that!
      It wouldn't be me taking them to court. I am suggesting that if they tried to on the basis that I had broken the contract in some way.

Comment

Originally posted by funkyd View Post
        It wouldn't be me taking them to court. I am suggesting that if they tried to on the basis that I had broken the contract in some way.
        As long as the client is prepared to stand up to them as far as court then it could work - hope so. None of Futuro's clients were prepared to go as far as witholding the payment to see what happened.

Really hope you do better.

Comment

Originally posted by WindyAnna View Post
          None of Futuro's clients were prepared to go as far as witholding the payment to see what happened.

Really hope you do better.
          Nobody is witholding payment other than Veritas. Contract is terminated immediatly and all invoices, timesheets etc submitted to Veritas up to the date of termination. Client will pay up to the termination date if/when invoiced.

Obviously we are out of pocket but it does mean we can move on and get new contracts elsewhere.

Comment

Yep, sounds perfectly reasonable to me, still need client to be happy to do it. Ours was, other's didn't want to push it.

Comment

http://veritas.247it.com/

Hi all

This website was created by contractors based in South Africa and incorporates only contractors and 1 umbrella company CXC Global who is standing up for us.

The website must be read to be understood as there is a summary there under the heading Umbrella and third parties that outlines a step by step update on the situation thus far and the way forward.

Comment

Lets hope

Hi guys

I have just called BDO and at this point Veritas are still not in administration. My understanding is that if Veritas is sold the new people take on all the debts. That includes us ( the staff) and you ( the contractors ) If they go into administration with 2.5 mil in debt I don't see us getting a penny, however I know there is a large amount of invoices outstanding to Veritas so you never know. The staff have filled out a RP1 form to get back wages etc. I am sure there is another RP form for contractors, maybe worth looking into.For Veritas staff I have heard today that P45's are being printed and sent to us on Wed. That is thanks to the 'big guy' Will update when I know more.

Comment

For contractors the possible buy-out would be a great result - I know someone who this did happen to (not as a contractor but still as a supplier) and she did get paid all the money owed to her. Finers crossed.

outofwork - there is no such thing as an RP form for contractors - they are not redundant and arenot employees - they are suppliers (unsecured creditors) and their situation is entirely different.

Comment

Nothing

If Veritas are sold off as a 'going concern' all their debts, ie. money we are owed will be written off!

I am surprised there are people out there still working for their clients. I handed in my 4 weeks notice last Monday. The client was understandably not happy. I explained I have not been paid in weeks and will probably not get paid, and I am not working for free which is essentially what I am being asked to do. On Tuesday, I phoned in and said I was suffering from stress and will not be coming in this week. In fact, I will not be going back.

I am currently seeking another contract.

Comment

Please See Latest Info On Billing And Payments From Amdocs

http://veritas.247it.com/

READ THE LATEST AND BE PROACTIVE

Comment

Working...
                      X