• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Veritas-IT - unpaid invoices.....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mr Lawless seeks new employment

Have heard from a reliable source that Mr Lawless is actively seeking employment with various IT recruitment agencies in Milton Keynes!!!!!

Comment

Everything is right above. Apparentley RBS mayhave a buyer which they re looking into. It seems it is the bank that is holding things up at the moment.Jason is checking again if he can send out Redundancy letter. I don't know why he is checking again. BDO ( Cassie) has said that they have already advised him to do so. Regards the P45 they have still not been done. Anyone from accounts that can assist Jason in doing this please please call him on his mobile. The tax man is going to love us if we start work without one. We probably wont get it for Monday so if your starting next week fill out a P46 for the time being.So guys and girls it looks like we have another week like this one. Best of luck to anyone starting work on Monday.

Comment

nick brand

i see no mention of nick on here, apparently he is one of the directors and he was responsible for looking after the contractors??

Comment

Some news - for the staff

Right, today I spoke with Jason & Greg.

The letters have been put in the post tonight telling us we are being made redundant as of last night. We are then free to get alternative employment. He has stated that the reason it has taken so long is that parties have come in with offers to buy the company. I think this will mean that the contracts will still be owned by the new organisation.

Greg stated that he didn't know what was going on however he was getting backing to set back up on his own and had the remit to employee 10 people immediately.

I thanked them with all the scarcasm I'm renouned for and put the phone down - I now choose to no longer waste any of my time or breath on these matters.

I hope this news helps those that are interested. If you want to get hold of them I recomend email - their Veritas emails still get through to them.

I will now start with a new company and will go out of my way to take their clients with me, and get in the way of their growth and general make them realise just how badly they have dealt with this situation. The way they have dealt with this has got in the way of my time with my children, I will not take that lightly.

Comment

You couldn't make it up

If you pay yourselves, and senior people an alleged £130k plus per year whilst posting a loss, what do you expect, blaiming the ex FD is the easy option.

Comment

parclatot where did you sprout from. Lets get this straight. I do indeed blame the MD's of course I do. We are their employees. They have been greedy and clearly have no management skills what so ever. They clearly handed over the whole financial side of the business to Pramod and he clearly had no financial skills. When he had totally ruined Veritas he did a runner without even a goodbye. Regards to the MD's they have had their heads in the sand for the last 3 years looking at the finacial report ( you can get it from companies house) As long as they got their money at the end of the month they didn't care. Anyway why does all this matter the point is we have spent a week chasing our money and we are no better off than a week ago. I still can not believe this is allowed to happen. Give me my money and I will go away. If I don't go away I will NOT go away.

Comment

Veritas means truth - no I think LIARS is more apt

They have all lied to us for so long, have constantly asked questions and been given varying answers - shame no-one is singing from the same hymn book!! We have been given duff information, I believe every single one of the directors is to blame and should never ever be allowed to trade again, I hope all agree with me, they have been allowed to get away with wrecking peoples lives, have in effect stolen peoples' time and affected peoples' livelihoods. Shame we don't live in a country where had they been brought to book for their actions, they would be strung up!! Listen you Jason, Greg and Marcus, what goes around comes around!

Comment

Seems Jason is quite a piece of work - nasty guy.

Does anyone know if there is any truth in that Veritas used RBS to factor invoices?

No mention as to whether RBS have a buyer for Veritas - well there isn't any staff that we know of so I can't see how this could be possible - certainly not running it as Veritas.

The FD did a runner as he realised there wasn't any money in the company so got out early. Once he had gone things were pretty much downhill from there.

I reckon Veritas owes each of the 180 or so contractors between £5k and £20k. At somepoint the administrators will need our timesheets, I imagine a conversation something like:

Hi, I'm the nice administrator, could I have your timesheets please?

What for?

Well, we have to bill the client for the work you did.

Yes, but you already owe me £10k. I think you will bill the client and not pay me a penny.

Well, that's not true. Trust me.

Ok, tell you what. Trust me instead. I'll ask the client what their paying you, invoice them and pay you the difference. I get what I'm owed and you get your margin. Tell you what, I'll keep the margin and knock it off the £10k you owe me....

You can't do that!!!

Ok, put 10K in my bank account and then we are square. Then I will send you the timesheets..............eventually

And on it goes.............

I heard from a reliable source that Jason tried to use some back street administrator and RBS stepped inand appointed BDO yesterday afternoon.

Comment

Bdo

The last conversation I had was at about 4pm yestersay ( Thurs ) Cassie advised me that they were not at that stage admistrators. BDO had advised Jason to send out Redundancy letters over a week ago and there is no guarentee that they wold be the adinistrators. Jason has said that he needed to check again with BDO about the redundancy letters however looks like ' In the dark' spoke to hi after me and he told 'In the dark' that the letters were going out last night. All I know from the claims form is that if Veritas get bought no one get a penny. It says on the form that if the company hasn't gone into liquidation or administration go to Q33 which bypasses wages notice commission and holiday. If you have been with the company for more than 2 years you can clai redundancy. For all the contractors you will need an RP4 form. Still can't beleive this is happening. It seems that Greg and Marcus have now moved on to find themselves jobs. Jason is still answering his phone though.

Comment

Worse and Worse

Jees, this just gets worse and worse doesn't it?
                      "Israel, Palestine, Cats." He Said
                      "See?"

Comment

Working...
                      X