• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Veritas-IT - unpaid invoices.....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bdo

jason is still at BDO.

Comment

I have just spoken to Rob Davies at BDO and he said that Jason Giller is on his way back to write us ( Veritas staff) redundancy letters. He should also be printing off out P45's. We should know by end of play today that Veritas is in administration. I have heard that if you have been at a company for less than 2 years you don't get paid your notice. Does anyone know if this is true?

Comment

See a solicitor or similar.

Meanwhile, see this.

Comment

from the horses mouth

I have just been told i am being made redundant!!!

Originally posted by funkyd View Post
          Where did you hear that from?

And where did you hear that from?

Does anyone have anything concrete that can be backed up?

Comment

Veritas is meant to mean truth!!! What a scam/sham!

Jason Giller Marcus Villa-Buil Greg Lawless where is our money please???

Comment

just spoken to bdo!!!!

have been advised they're not the administrators at present and there are several interested parties - wonder who they are eh!!

Comment

Confirmed

Hi I have been informed that they are now in Administration

Comment

redundancy - see the link below

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Employme...ob/DG_10026616

Comment

Originally posted by outofwork View Post
                    I have heard that if you have been at a company for less than 2 years you don't get paid your notice. Does anyone know if this is true?
                    You need 2 years to qualify for redundancy but you should get whatever notice it says in your contract. However, if that notice has to come from the NI fund rather than from the company then it will be capped at about £300 a week. Similarly any redundancy payout will be capped at the same amount if it comes out of the NI fund.

There are probably some ex P4 employees on here who can help you out with your exact legal position.

Windy

Comment

Spoke to Rob.

It seems that appointment of BDO won't quite be complete until tomorrow.

As far as staff goes, again, it isn't quite clear whether all staff are being sent their P45 or whether Jason is keeping back a few key staff.

As for post and faxes, these will be redirected once BDO have been formally appointed. As it stands the three office are closed and nobody is there.

I also highlighted the fact that Jason hasn't communicated with clients, contractors or staff for nearly a week and asked whether he had any plans to do so - again a case of wait and see.

I also asked about whether this was partly or fully down to the previous FD not correctly invoicing clients - again no answer.

None the wiser for my efforts really.

Comment

Working...
                      X