• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is your CV PDF or word?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is your CV PDF or word?

Just someone said they would only accept a CV in PDF. Just checking - Is that the norm these days? Is Word a thing of the past?
    PDF
    32.14%
    Word
    67.86%
    Something else
    0%

Only accept PDF? That's a new one

Comment

Never heard of anyone asking for PDF. I've heard of agents asking for word only because they can copy and past in to their format.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by saptastic View Post
        Just someone said they would only accept a CV in PDF. Just checking - Is that the norm these days? Is Word a thing of the past?
        Only accepting PDF is a bit odd but mine has been PDF for a few years now. Misrepresentation doesn't happen a lot, but it does happen.
        The only time I provide Word versions now is when an agency is prospecting clients for me, and want to use my content in an anonymous profile spec of their own design. Then they only make an introduction if this whets their appetite.

Comment

I have only sent in PDF for the past 12 years or so.
          Former IPSE member
          My Website

Comment

Mine is a dot matrix printout.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              Only accept PDF? That's a new one

You can easily convert word into PDF yourself.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

I don't think the issue is whether it's easy. The issue is why would anyone stipulate such a constraint?
                See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

It is also very easy to convert PDF into Word. Especially for a document that was created in Word in the first place.

Comment

When I used to recruit people in a previous role, I always preferred pdf CVs to Word because often the Word ones would show on my screen formatted weirdly or in a way that clearly wasn't intended by the sender ultimately making it a pain in the arse to decipher, especially when you had a lot of CVs to go through. Not all word CVs, but a significant enough proportion that I distinctly remember it. Never had these issues with PDFs.

That could be a reason perhaps?
                    ​​​​​​
                    For me personally, I store my CV in word format. When I need to send it, I make any necessary tweaks, save it as a pdf and then and send it across.

Comment

Working...
                    X