• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

For the people that went permanent in the recent past - how is it going?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

"I'm nice to people as long as they're nice to me" is hardly the mark of someone I want to work with, or anyone wants to employ.
    What an odd post. So you want to work with a bunch of arseholes? Be my guest. Sounds like you'd fit right in.

qh

He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

I don't suffer fools gladly, which is one of many reasons I prefer working at home. A few of them probably feel the same about me.
      ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Permie for 2 years. Negotiated a very good salary so money wise it is fine. Am based from home and the nature of the work means that travel is by exception, so sold my car as well.

It is nice that expectations are low so can waste half my day playing Tetris. On the neg side my manager can be a bit of a plum.

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post

What an odd post. So you want to work with a bunch of arseholes? Be my guest. Sounds like you'd fit right in.

qh
          Oh the irony. No wonder you don't enjoy working with people, if this is how you act. And no that's not what I said.

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
          I don't suffer fools gladly
          Code for "You're not going to like working with me" :P
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Before this goes too far into a 2-poster argument - I don't wish to work with people who treat me like dirt - at any job/contract.

I always try to get on with everyone, but I am not prepared to tolerate rudeness and nastiness because someone thinks they are in some way entitled to behave like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
              Before this goes too far into a 2-poster argument - I don't wish to work with people who treat me like dirt - at any job/contract.

I always try to get on with everyone, but I am not prepared to tolerate rudeness and nastiness because someone thinks they are in some way entitled to behave like that.
              I completely agree.

qh
              He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Similar here. I try to treat everyone as an equal to me until they prove otherwise. And their job title means nothing.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Current job have been "warning" me about a senior woman at one customer who is rude, nasty an aggressive - I have said I don't need the warning as I won't be putting up with that.

Comment

Current job have been "warning" me about a senior woman at one customer who is rude, nasty an aggressive - I have said I don't need the warning as I won't be putting up with that.
                    I tend to take warnings with a pinch of salt until I've met the person a few times. There's more often than not a personality clash or other factor that means the object of such a warning is generally reasonable. Only rarely have I come across someone who is proper nasty.

Comment

Originally posted by Abbot View Post
                      Just curious to see how everyone else is doing? I went permanent last March when my outside role came to an end and the client offered an extension on FTC. I thought FTC was just the worst of all worlds so left.

Got a permanent role more or less straight away. Pay was less than I had been earning but still good (no problems paying bills etc). It’s been nice to get the same amount in my bank account every month and being paid holidays and bank holidays etc. And also no more admin around my Ltd co.

But I just couldn’t do it. Pointless reviews, one to ones that are spent talking about the weekend, so many meeting, Friday drinks on google meets etc all got to me. I just want to work. So I resigned 2 months ago and have 1 month left here. Looking forward to going back to what I used to enjoy. The inside rates seem to be around 10-15% higher than the outside rates used to be pre covid so at least client are meeting half way.

How is everyone else doing in permie land?
                      Went permanent in March 2021 and so far it's OK. It's not better nor worse than contracting, it's just different.

One of my main priorities was finding a job that was 100% remote. Contracting couldn't offer me that guarantee, maybe one contract would allow it but who knows if the next one would. I didn't want to take that chance so I took a pay cut in exchange for the security of never having to go back to the office (unless I want to).

The only negative thing in my situation is that I have a 3 months notice now which ok I can always renegotiate but nevertheless it's an additional issue I will have to deal with when I want to move jobs.

Comment

Working...
                      X