• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

For the people that went permanent in the recent past - how is it going?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    There go your holidays and luxuries even contracting then as interest rates climb I thought my 300k mortgage was scarily large.
    That's what I was talking about when I said folks want to leave way above their means and do very reckless things, such as getting a huge mortgage at the top of your affordability or close.

My partner and I based on our salaries combined could have borrowed more than 500k but heck no we didn't go about looking for houses in the 500k + deposit, we borrowed half of what we could have and now that we have a kid on the way, she can afford to go down to work 3 days a week and I can afford to go down to 4 days a week.

But then again, here in the outskirts of Edinburgh you can buy a decent house for 3-350k. No idea where the 550k mortgage guy is based. One of my best mates, based in suffolk, bought a crappy little 2 bedroom semi-detached for 500k...lol

Comment

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post

One of my best mates, based in suffolk, bought a crappy little 2 bedroom semi-detached for 500k...lol
      Must be somewhere nice - which narrows it down a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDude View Post

Must be somewhere nice - which narrows it down a lot.
        actually scratch that, I got confused. Not suffolk, my mate bought a crappy house in surrey. 2 bed semi-detached, half a mill. Same size as my old 1 bedroom wee flat in central Edinburgh

Comment

Working...
        X