• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Inside (umbrella) vs outside - difference in rates?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inside (umbrella) vs outside - difference in rates?

Obviously, last few years, we've had the introduction of dividend tax and next year an increase....

I remember years ago, income splitting with the mrs and it working really well. Then I got an inside Public sector role and had to go umbrella.
    They hiked all their rates by 35% at the time and that seemed to cover the difference for me.

I know everyones different and it makes a big difference if you can income split dividends with a spouse but, I reckon the gap is much smaller these days. Anyone care to guess?
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Before NotAllThere does the humane thing and kills this thread off - are you:

1) asking a question,

2) making a point

or
    3) demonstrating how thick you are because I've now read your post twice and I haven't got a clue what the point of your post is...
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

4) trolling because you're bored
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

5) All of the above

Comment

6) Delete PC.

Comment

7) Demonstrating you are a complete and utter moron in case we forgot
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Love how OP manages to rile up the old guard so often and with such ease, too.

Click image for larger version

Name:	cZ0Z588.png
Views:	214
Size:	111.7 KB
ID:	4199331

Comment

Some of you lot need you're heads looking at - ITS A QUESTION

Comment

Legit question here surely....

Yet some people never miss the chance to roll out the bullying....

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                    Legit question here surely....

Yet some people never miss the chance to roll out the bullying....
                    I'd not care to guess, but yes there is a difference in rates. It varies depending on a multitude of things.

/Thread Closed.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                    X