• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where to go for opportunities?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to go for opportunities?

I would like to know the go to for contractor opportunities? Is there a certain staffing agency or job board of choice?

And what is the reason you use the agency or job board of choice?

LinkedIn.

I used recruiters that I’ve worked with previously.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I get most of my leads via my network on LinkedIn too.

Comment

I've primarily used the same agency for 20 years ... in all that time I've only failed to get a contract from an interview once, and even for that role they just offered me a different role. This agency knows my skills, knows their client needs, and matches us up well.

Build a relationship with a good agency and the work comes to you.
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

All my contracts over the past 6 years have been through LinkedIn; approached by agents rather than the other way around.
          No time on the bench.

Comment

I agree. LinkedIn is by far the best with a spread of random agencies in the background.

Comment

Plenty of "contractor" opportunities advertised in phone booths in down der dat London. Or there used to be.

French teachers, Electrical experts offering ACDC, you name it.

qh

He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Past clients, my network and LinkedIn. Most of my work used to come through Jobserve or eFinancialCareers but those days are long gone.

Comment

As others have said job boards are becoming less useful. I don't care what anyone says, if more than 100 people apply for a role it is a lottery you get noticed even if you are the best candidate.

LinkedIn is, to an extent. picking up the slack if you can wade through some of the time wasters but contacts are the way forward.

Comment

Originally posted by kloos View Post
                    spread of random agencies in the background.
                    How do you think a spread of random agencies helps?
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X