• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New gig - Agencies arguing again

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
    You have a lot of bad luck, PC....
    It's said that you make your own luck so not surprising
    Last edited by northernladuk; 4 January 2022, 13:12.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
      Getting a bit sick of this now.... Not the first time.

Spoke to agency before xmas. Got interview etc.
      In the meantime, someone else called me. They didn't put me forward but then I realised it was same gig so told them I was already represented.

Anyway, got the gig.

Agency 1 is now sorting out contract etc.
      Agency 2 phones me this am to say Agency 1 didn't register me with client properly, but they (Agency 2) did, and then manager got confused and should have arranged interview with Agency 2 not Agency 1. So I have to go with Agency 2 (they say!)

This didn't end well last time it happened. Agencies got into a right bun fight and ended up with them dropping me.

Jeez - I've told Agency 2 I'm going to sit back and let the client sort this mess out, but just to be aware, been here before, so I'll still be looking for alternatives in the meantime until this mess is sorted out.

Nothing else I can do I guess?
      Is this a PS gig? Which ever agency logged you on PSR gets the job, it's impossible for two agencies to put you forward for the same role which is why they ask you for the last three of your NI and day of birth which creates a reference number used to stop two agencies submitting you for the same role
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post

Is this a PS gig? Which ever agency logged you on PSR gets the job, it's impossible for two agencies to put you forward for the same role which is why they ask you for the last three of your NI and day of birth which creates a reference number used to stop two agencies submitting you for the same role
        Which means that Agency 1 has done the procurement stuff but ignored the rules about PSR and another one ignored the fact the OP was already represented and logged him on to PSR.

So one is incompetent and the other one is incompetent. Or the rules need reinforcing: knowing the PS hiring community, I'd suggest the latter.
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post

Which means that Agency 1 has done the procurement stuff but ignored the rules about PSR and another one ignored the fact the OP was already represented and logged him on to PSR.

So one is incompetent and the other one is incompetent. Or the rules need reinforcing: knowing the PS hiring community, I'd suggest the latter.
          Can't see anything that Agent 2 has done wrong, they checked to see if he was logged on PSR, saw he wasn't, so logged him.

It's almost like Agent 2 knows there is the possibility another agent could say they have been submitted but not actually done so.

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Can't see anything that Agent 2 has done wrong, they checked to see if he was logged on PSR, saw he wasn't, so logged him.

It's almost like Agent 2 knows there is the possibility another agent could say they have been submitted but not actually done so.
            So despite being told his application is already in progress through Agency 1, Agency 2 has logged him on to PSR meaning that the client is now obliged to pursue the engagement through them, meaning Agency 1 did all the work and will not get any reward. So the OP is on PSR but Agency 2 has got their name on the record despite being told they do not represent him.

And that is acceptable behaviour how, exactly...?

Agency 1 cocked up their side, but neither side has behaved properly.

When hiring people, I've been presented the same candidate through 2 agencies more than once. After the first time, and the pain I had to go through to sort it out, I simply ditch that candidate's application(s).
            Last edited by malvolio; 4 January 2022, 16:19.
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

So despite being told his application is already in progress through Agency 1, Agency 2 has logged him on to PSR meaning that the client is now obliged to pursue the engagement through them, meaning Agency 1 did all the work and will not get any reward. So the OP is on PSR but Agency 2 has got their name on the record despite being told they do not represent him.

Because if I am told something, especially by PC, I will validate even if he tells me water is wet!

Unless the candidate has the PSR reference number it could be a different role at the same place, it could even be more than one vacancy for a single role, there are a lot of variables that a quick check can confirm or reject. As I said earlier, ow many times have you suspected an agent tells you they have submitted you for a role when in fact they haven't, if we as candidates know it happens an agent themselves will lose nothing doing a 30 second check on a system they have in front of them.

As I see it Agent 2 hasn't trusted Agent 1 has done what they said they had, which I think is perfectly acceptable behaviour when dealing with agents!

caveat emptor, I am assuming this is a PS role through PSR given PC's background, which has systems to check if a candidate has been submitted twice
              Last edited by SimonMac; 4 January 2022, 16:26.

Comment

To be fair I thought this thread would more along the lines of he's applied to two agents, both have found out who he is and both are trying to wash their hands of him. You have him, no you have him...
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Which I think is what happened exactly....
                  Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

When hiring people, I've been presented the same candidate through 2 agencies more than once. After the first time, and the pain I had to go through to sort it out, I simply ditch that candidate's application(s).
                    Luckily Agency 2 has now dropped the issue. Sounds very much like they tried it on, knowing full well they did none of the work.
                    I remember the conversation with agency 2 before xmas, telling them I already had an interview lined up for this.

As mentioned, I had a call from a "Resource Manager" at the client yesterday telling me I had to use Agency 2. Then hours later it all changed again. I've got a sneeky feeling that "Resource Manager" was someones colleague in the office at Agency 2. Dodgy....

Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Because if I am told something, especially by PC, I will validate even if he tells me water is wet!
                      It's funny you should say that, because, technically, water is not wet - it makes other things wet.

Comment

Working...
                      X