• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

If you took a BBL are you repaying it?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ensignia View Post
    Why did so many people on here apply for it? Is it just a case of "we can, so we will" or what?
    It was there to see people through the pandemic. No point applying for it after we've lost our gigs and spent 6 months on the bench. Apply for it, if you needed it then it worked, if you don't then just pay it back. Nothing lost. Why wouldn't you apply for it?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Fraidycat View Post

Many greedy landlords used BBL's as deposits to expand property portfolios.
      Thanks for that. Really helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Thanks for that. Really helpful.
        I was replying to ensignia, not to you.

Comment

So answer his question then. He was asking people on here, not a landlord forum. I'd be willing to bet absolutely no one on here used it to expand their property empire.. so as I said, really useful thanks.

Comment

Many mortgage providers blocked this too by saying, "BBL yes? No Mortgage for you!". Property forums have many stories of this happening.
            Former IPSE member
            My Website

Comment

Originally posted by courtg9000 View Post

Many mortgage providers blocked this too by saying, "BBL yes? No Mortgage for you!". Property forums have many stories of this happening.
              Money is fungible. You could use some of your contractor cash reserves/war chest first, and then replenish them with a BBL loan afterwards.

Comment

Perhaps reply to the person starting the thread instead of engaging with bickering with participants... this isn't General.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

If you are a professional landlord operating your properties through a business, you might well have been at risk of tenants not paying rent, especially since the government put measures in place to disproportionately protect tenants during lockdown who were unable to pay rent due to Covid.
                  As such, taking out a BBL would make a lot of sense. If you then used that loan to improve your business, this is entirely legitimate.

Comment

Back in the dark, uncertain lockdown days this was the only thing we were offered really, so I took it (but not the full wack).

Thankfully didn't need it; paying back monthly.

qh
                    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
                      Back in the dark, uncertain lockdown days this was the only thing we were offered really, so I took it (but not the full wack).

Thankfully didn't need it; paying back monthly.

qh
                      Do you have a use for it - even an investment that covers the interest? Or do you consider the minimal cost is worthwhile to have the extra liquidity?

Comment

Working...
                      X