• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

If you took a BBL are you repaying it?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    It doesn't really matter if you agree. It was specifically offered for companies affected by CV, in fact I'm pretty sure you had to state this was the case when applying for the loan. It's called BBL for a reason - it's to help you bounce back. It wasn't called the "I might need to bounce back later loan". Whether the loan is still available when you later run into problems is immaterial. It's certainly really poor business to fraudulently take a loan on the basis "I am not eligible now but I want to make sure I don't miss out on the free cash later".
    We could carry on but it's pointless arguing the semantics. It really is neither here nor there. IMO we were all affected as the bottom dropped out of the market and many people were facing very tough conditions. Was the box 'adversely affected by covid' ticked a bit friviously with an eye on the potential fall out coming? Maybe so but jesus, to call that fraud is a very long call.

    And so what if people accepted it on a bounce back later loan. It's still business and it was still a good call. Most of us on here ticked it in good faith IMO. I didn't actually need it thankfully and it will be paid back in full. Do I feel I've fraudulently got a loan? Do I buggery. Thankfully I have indeed ended up falling in to the catagory 'it was a free loan' but it could well just have been needed.

    If you want to pick on people commiting fraud just look at those companies that took it, put staff on furlough, made them work and came out of it all much better off. Much bigger fish to fry.
    Last edited by northernladuk; 5 October 2021, 14:41.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

    Comment


      #32
      Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      If you want to pick on people commiting fraud just look at those companies that took it, put staff on furlough, made them work and came out of it all much better off. Much bigger fish to fry.
      Whataboutery at its finest. Please hand yourself in to your nearest cop-shop for your flagrant and shameless fraudulent activity.

      Comment


        #33
        Originally posted by Paralytic View Post

        Whataboutery at its finest. Please hand yourself in to your nearest cop-shop for your flagrant and shameless fraudulent activity.
        It's a fair cop. Guilty as charged m'lud
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

        Comment


          #34
          Off topic posts + responses removed. If you want to claim that any contractors claiming this lack integrity, then in the General forum please.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

          Comment


            #35
            I entirely legitimately took out a loan during an extreme lean period and fully intend to pay it back.

            Comment


              #36
              Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              Off topic posts + responses removed. If you want to claim that any contractors claiming this lack integrity, then in the General forum please.

              Absolute joke. I knew you'd turn up to prune.

              How exactly was it off-topic?

              Comment


                #37
                Originally posted by ensignia View Post


                Absolute joke. I knew you'd turn up to prune.

                How exactly was it off-topic?
                Because the topic is are you repaying the BBL and not the legitimacy of taking it I expect
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

                Comment


                  #38
                  Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  Originally posted by ensignia View Post
                  How exactly was it off-topic?
                  Because the topic is are you repaying the BBL and not the legitimacy of taking it I expect
                  Exactly this.

                  Furthermore, acrimonious debates are not encouraged in the professional forums. If I'd had the option, I'd have just moved your posts. But at the moment that functionality is not working - so your deathless prose is now lost to posterity. Oh dear. How sad. Never mind.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X