• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract ending can I furlough?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see the OP has edited their OP and it doesn't look like anyone quoted it.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

What bit of ' cannot maintain your workforce because your operations have been affected by coronavirus' does he meet?
      What bit of "The entire economy, and everyone within it, is impacted by COVID" didn't you understand?

Comment

That's very nice.

Thread closed.
        Why? Because for once somebody has the temerity to drive a coach and horses through your specious arguments?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          I see the OP has edited their OP and it doesn't look like anyone quoted it.
          And google doesn't seem to have picked it up so can't check cache. That's very weird. Google normally has new threads in a matter of hours.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CatBlack View Post

What bit of "The entire economy, and everyone within it, is impacted by COVID" didn't you understand?
            Where does it say that in the criteria for claiming furlough? It doesn't.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/claim-fo...tention-scheme

Page titled 'Check if you can claim for your employees' wages through the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme'

Step 1 : Check if you can claim

'If you cannot maintain your workforce because your operations have been affected by coronavirus (COVID-19), you can furlough employees and apply for a grant to cover a portion of their usual monthly wage costs where you record them as being on furlough.'

He can maintain his workforce and needs to if he wants to continue doing business.

The end.

Why? Because for once somebody has the temerity to drive a coach and horses through your specious arguments?
            Yep right. Whatever.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Where does it say that in the criteria for claiming furlough? It doesn't.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/claim-fo...tention-scheme

Page titled 'Check if you can claim for your employees' wages through the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme'

Step 1 : Check if you can claim

'If you cannot maintain your workforce because your operations have been affected by coronavirus (COVID-19), you can furlough employees and apply for a grant to cover a portion of their usual monthly wage costs where you record them as being on furlough.'

He can maintain his workforce and needs to if he wants to continue doing business.

The end.

Yep right. Whatever.
              thing is. The budget had an announcement of a £100M taskforce to pursue Covid claims. I wouldn't want to be on the spurious end of that.
              And claiming as described in this thread, is arguably more dodgy than the loan schemes a decade ago.
              See You Next Tuesday

Comment

The end.
                Just because you keep saying that, it doesn't mean you've won the argument.

Comment

Just because you keep saying that, it doesn't mean you've won the argument.
                  equally, just because you started an argument, and are still banging on, doesn't mean you won.

Did you join the forum just for this argument? Who's sockie are you?
                  See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                    Did you join the forum just for this argument?
                    No, I joined this forum because the OP needed help, and having been in exactly the same situation as him I was able to offer some. Or at least, I would have been able to, if you and your mate hadn't driven him off with your usual BS.

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                    Who's sockie are you?
                    I don't know what you're talking about. Unlike you two I don't spend my life on here so I don't know all your buzzwords.

Comment

the problem is that as director you can furlough yourself - being affecetd by covid is subjective - In this case you can argue that not having a new job on friday to start on monday means you cant continue and should furlough yourself

I am of the view that all directors can furlough themselves with little come back - Moral aside that is the law

Comment

Working...
                      X