• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract ending can I furlough?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thus78 View Post
    Yes you can. I was on furlough from March to May for 2 months then I secured a contract. My accountant told me that I can apply to the furlough schema if I am not invoicing my client(s) anymore. After the end of your contract date you can apply.
    I'm sure it's fine. But as a point of note, an accountant is not an expert in this. The accountant has interpreted the letter of the law to mean 'if not invoicing you can furlough'. That is absolutely not what the letter of the law is.
    The tax man will almost certainly investigate every furlough claim, starting with the big ones and working down. And their interpretation will be different.

For just over £1000 it might prove not to be worth it.
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post

The tax man will almost certainly investigate every furlough claim, starting with the big ones and working down.
      If thats true, they will finish investigating sometime during the year 60000 as theres over 740k claims every month

Comment

Working...
      X