• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HSBC inside IR35 contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrandNewOne View Post
    Thanks a bunch. Got the contract...only for 6 months. So whatevs. Let's see how it goes. Not sure if it will go longer than 6 months. I was told it might be 2 years in all. Let's see.
    That's common, don't read anything into it. The programme may be slated to last for a couple of years but they'll put people on rolling 3 or 6 month contracts.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      That's common, don't read anything into it. The programme may be slated to last for a couple of years but they'll put people on rolling 3 or 6 month contracts.
      Thanks a lot

Comment

I have never had longer than a six month contract and I don't see anything longer than six months being advertised. Before anyone chips in to highlight their 25 year outside of IR35 contract on £2,000 a day I am not saying it doesn't happen just quite unusual.

Comment

Originally posted by SussexSeagull View Post
          I have never had longer than a six month contract and I don't see anything longer than six months being advertised. Before anyone chips in to highlight their 25 year outside of IR35 contract on £2,000 a day I am not saying it doesn't happen just quite unusual.
          The problem is that the industry is based on 3/6/12 month contracts for no reason at all outside the fact they just want bums on seats.
          When an agent says 3 months but maybe 2 years it means one of two things.

1) This is a big project, of at least a year but we ant to reserve the right to bin you off without argument if you're crap (yes I know they don't need to wait but it's just how client managers think).
          2) We want a permietractor.
          See You Next Tuesday

Comment

I've never had an agent say "to be honest they'll have you for 3 months and bin you then", though it does of course happen.

Extensions aren't guaranteed. Full contract terms aren't guaranteed. You get danger money in exchange
            ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
              I've never had an agent say "to be honest they'll have you for 3 months and bin you then", though it does of course happen.

Extensions aren't guaranteed. Full contract terms aren't guaranteed. You get danger money in exchange
              I don't really take much notice of end dates anymore. Might just be me but clients either run out of money or extend you.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                The problem is that the industry is based on 3/6/12 month contracts for no reason at all outside the fact they just want bums on seats.
                Normally clients have a rough idea of how long the initial work is.

And also a client should try and keep a contractor on his toes, too many are freeloading slackers.

Many contractors think they worth the money just for their skills and experience alone, but don't actually want to do any hard work that actually uses those skills in the contract itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Fraidycat View Post

And also a client should try and keep a contractor on his toes, too many are freeloading slackers.

Many contractors think they worth the money just for their skills and experience alone, but don't actually want to do any hard work that actually uses those skills in the contract itself.
                  Says the idiot that thinks he's worth 2k a day.

Personally i provide so much value and productivity compared to other contractors. I would be good value even at £2000 a day.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I was at a client once, and the 6 hours of work I did a week equated to more output than an entire department of people to a week, sometimes you're just a winner winner chicken dinner.....

Comment

Originally posted by SussexSeagull View Post
                      I don't really take much notice of end dates anymore. Might just be me but clients either run out of money or extend you.
                      Or take dislike to you.

Short contracts extend, long contracts get cut short. The only certainty you have is the day you've just worked, really. (and even then...)
                      ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Working...
                      X