• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Your Best Rate And Year

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

780 p/d for a leading software company around 10 years ago or arguably £690 offshore for 4 years, lower rate, but zero tax.

Now working for the NHS for £275 INSIDE IR35 , during Covid - going to heaven and also paying what I "got away with" during the offshore years

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
      780 p/d for a leading software company around 10 years ago or arguably £690 offshore for 4 years, lower rate, but zero tax.

Now working for the NHS for £275 INSIDE IR35 , during Covid - going to heaven and also paying what I "got away with" during the offshore years
      I am jealous of all of these bold figures in this thread.

My best contract rates were 2019 and just shy of £600 per day on a couple 6 monthers and, now, because of the pending IR35 in the private sector, I accepted a fixed term contract that translates to roughly to £400 per day.

(I spent 3 months on the bench in the winter and managed to get in the door just before the "lockdown" )

Tulip!
      Last edited by rocktronAMP; 9 July 2020, 16:32. Reason: grammar

Comment

Best year was 1548, six florins, two ha' p'orth groats, a cow and some chickens.

Never get those times back.

And yes the gig was outside IR35.

qh
        He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

About to take a client paying over £1000/day.

I help build high value web-systems. Mostly these days it's lots of cloud infrastructure automation and lots of Kubernetes. Been getting more into the security side of things as well which is very lucrative if you have the experience.

Very lucky and fortunate, but it's hard work. They tend to get their moneys worth wherever I work.

Comment

Originally posted by dogzilla View Post
            About to take a client paying over £1000/day.

I help build high value web-systems. Mostly these days it's lots of cloud infrastructure automation and lots of Kubernetes. Been getting more into the security side of things as well which is very lucrative if you have the experience.

Very lucky and fortunate, but it's hard work. They tend to get their moneys worth wherever I work.
            I don't believe you.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              I don't believe you.
              That's more than you earn in a week!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                That's more than you earn in a week!
                I put my annual income (salary + bonus + company pension) from my last P60 into an online calculator, and my daily rate if you like, is £330 per day.

So if this geezer is really on £1K per day, then it's more like 3x than 5x.

I still don't believe him though.

Comment

Yeah. I can't believe such poverty exists in this day and age.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I put my annual income (salary + bonus + company pension) from my last P60 into an online calculator, and my daily rate if you like, is £330 per day.

So if this geezer is really on £1K per day, then it's more like 3x than 5x.

Do you want some spare change?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                      Do you want some spare change?
                      Thanks guvnor!

Comment

Working...
                      X