• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

Your Best Rate And Year

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your Best Rate And Year

Some nostalgia perhaps but I do wonder what peoples highest rates were and the number of days they were working for was and the industry

For me it was 2017 - 840 a day / 230 days a year / Finance london

Those were the days - Nowadays 650 is the top and most likely 500 and its bleak

I've mostly wandered around between 380 and 650 over the years with a couple of exceptions: once on £1200 a day on one short gig and another of £1150 over two parallel ones, plus one or two non day-rate gigs (since retiring... go figure!) where the effective rate was around £1k-ish per day

I have been charged out on occasion, between £1300 and £3000 a day though... Where did I go wrong...
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Current gig. CRO. Potential for 18 months+

Comment

Lots. TFA.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by LondonPM1 View Post
          Some nostalgia perhaps but I do wonder what peoples highest rates were and the number of days they were working for was and the industry

For me it was 2017 - 840 a day / 230 days a year / Finance london

Those were the days - Nowadays 650 is the top and most likely 500 and its bleak
          Days worked or days billed?

Comment

Current rate, best ever and likely to renew. TFA.
            Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Jan 1 2000. £600/hour.
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Never been a big earner, I think the most I was on was about £600/day ish for about 6 months about 20 years ago.

Of course in today's money that is around £1000/day based on this Inflation calculator | Bank of England

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                  Jan 1 2000. £600/hour.
                  I was at college, earning minimum wage of £3 an hour, working in a restaurant.
                  Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
                    I was at college, earning minimum wage of £3 an hour, working in a restaurant.
                    And that was your best rate ever?

Comment

Working...
                    X