• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Which firms offer great culture and work life balance?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which firms offer great culture and work life balance?

Life is not the same after having my baby last year. I've been a contractor for nearly 8 years - chasing quality projects or rates. Work life balance and the ability to work from home have become extremely important now. I'm trying to make a list of firms in the financial services that can offer me some flexibility and balance. Please can I ask the wise members of this forum to contribute? I am a business analyst - most of my experience has been in retail banking.

1. HSBC
    2. Lloyds Banking Group (I was told that it all LARGELY depends on the manager)

Surely it depends on a host of factors right down to the individual hiring managers as you say. I don't think trying to narrow it down to an individual firm will be much use.

Also discounting clients that aren't on your list could me missing out on a gig that would meet your needs even if the firm isn't known for it.

Not sure what use your list would be TBH. Keep applying, win over the interviewer and name your own terms I'd say.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Capita.
      They have tons of BAs and none of them seem to do any work. How's that for balance?

Work from home as well.
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Lloyds is possibly one of the least 'cultural' firms in the business
        ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

You mmay be better off looking through the Glassdoor website.

That’s the point of it after all...
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Last few roles I've had at IBM have been almost 100% wfh.
            And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

Originally posted by b0redom View Post
              Last few roles I've had at IBM have been almost 100% wfh.
              did you remember to shower?
              See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Parts of Barclays have lots of WFH. Positively encouraged in some areas due to reducing desk space.

Comment

Probably charities and public sector

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                    did you remember to shower?
                    After working for IBM or just in general?
                    And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

Working...
                    X