• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

KPMG - Enforced Leave

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KPMG - Enforced Leave

Just heard that they're enforcing leave over Xmas.

Last day Friday 16th December 2016, back Tuesday 3rd January 2017.

Affects both contractors and permies.

Originally posted by oliverson View Post

Not at KPMG but I take those 2 weeks off as standard

Comment

Originally posted by VillageContractor View Post
      Not at KPMG but I take those 2 weeks off as standard
      +1
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by oliverson View Post

They do this to contractors every year. Not sure about permies as I ain't one.

Comment

That's tight. the whole week before xmas? I've never been anywhere that hasn't enforced the time over xmas and one client that didn't want contractors in on xmas eve which I thought was a bit clever but never seen the whole week before as well. Interesting.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I'd add another week either side of that leave and spend it travelling.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Standard at many places with a large contractor presence; nice way of bringing in a low cost December.
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                That's tight. the whole week before xmas? I've never been anywhere that hasn't enforced the time over xmas and one client that didn't want contractors in on xmas eve which I thought was a bit clever but never seen the whole week before as well. Interesting.

My thoughts exactly. Why the Friday before? I can understand the Friday after until the New Year to some extent. Penny pinching tw4ts.

Comment

Really?

Guess its not common in the sectors you are working in

Most permies take much of the two weeks off so no point having contractors in making the permies look bad.

I work to live not live to work, two weeks off is the minimum I want at Christmas, no point being the richest man in the cemetery.
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

There's generally a change freeze kicking in that week for big places. I guess for KPMG, they'll simply see it that if you're not fee-earing and they can't bill you out, they're not paying for you either. An office shut down for two weeks will save a lot of cash.
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                    X