• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

KPMG - Enforced Leave

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enforced contractor furlough is good for IR35, however not a good defence if the permies are told to take exactly the same time off as well.
    Block leave is required by Financial organisations, in any case, supposed to be there to check people aren't doing anything they shouldn't be with the systems.

We are going to see more and more of this.
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

3 week furlough at Christmas here, but I'm going through the waiver process and taking 1 week. Best make hay whilst the sun shines I guess....
      "why ride a vespa when you can push a lambretta?"

As I look ahead, I am filled with foreboding; like the Roman, I seem to see "the River Tiber foaming with much blood."

Comment

Apparently RBS might extend their annual two week one to three weeks this year.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Not really. All large consultancies have a number of people on the bench at anyone time due to some work finishing and some starting.
          Again it's not good to have people on the bench. The scenario that you are describing they are certainly billable.
          The consultants are transferred to the next project in the next day. How do you manage your Ltd. Company?

Bit ambiguous this isn't it? Xmas leave isn't at a country level and what's normal? Some work, some don't. It also depends on where in the business you work. That statement as it stands means sod all.
          We are discussing forced live not leave. Are you trolling?

Comment

Originally posted by Bee View Post
            Again it's not good to have people on the bench. The scenario that you are describing they are certainly billable.
            The consultants are transferred to the next project in the next day. How do you manage your Ltd. Company?
            Of course it isn't good. But it happens. It's very difficult to achieve 100% billing so it's going to happen as it does with my LTD.

I know but my comments still stand. Not all companies enforce it the same and not everyone in that company may have it enforced.

If trolling is trying to make sense of the crap you post then yes I am.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Of course it isn't good. But it happens. It's very difficult to achieve 100% billing so it's going to happen as it does with my LTD.

I know but my comments still stand. Not all companies enforce it the same and not everyone in that company may have it enforced.

If trolling is trying to make sense of the crap you post then yes I am.
              The point is you are discussing one subject that you clearly don't dominate and you not accepting my opinion. A different opinion for you never make sense and you act like an immature boy.

Comment

The point is you are discussing one subject that you clearly don't dominate and you not accepting my opinion. A different opinion for you never make sense and you act like an immature boy.
                Are you trolling?
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

He probably quite likes to be called a boy

Please educate us as to why your opinion is so valuable and valid.

How many consultancies have you worked for contract / perm?
                  How many contract or perm roles were based in the UK?

Your comments will have more weight, if you answer those questions positively?
                  Otherwise you are just making sweeping generalisations, as you don't know anything about the UK market.

Which one is it?

And, no, I'm not trolling.
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

What is "forced live"?
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                      He probably quite likes to be called a boy

Please educate us as to why your opinion is so valuable and valid.

How many consultancies have you worked for contract / perm?
                      How many contract or perm roles were based in the UK?

Your comments will have more weight, if you answer those questions positively?
                      Otherwise you are just making sweeping generalisations, as you don't know anything about the UK market.

Which one is it?

And, no, I'm not trolling.
                      This is irrelevant for my post. You can believe it or not and you don't need to offend anyone just because you disagree. I'm sorry to telling you this but you are another immature boy.

Comment

Working...
                      X