• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KentDogWalker View Post
    tempted to take a perm role, what would a perm role paying £100k tempted you away from? A £400 outside contract?
    Perm to contract comparisons have been done to death on these boards. At the end of the day, does the take home pay and the entire package being offered (pension, medical cover, company car, holiday allowance, training/progression opportunities, team away days, annual reviews, sub-inflation payrises, etc etc) all stack up to be better than DIY via your own Ltd Co?

Comment

tempted to take a perm role, what would a perm role paying £100k tempted you away from? A £400 outside contract?
      A 100k perm job is way, way better than an outside 400 a day contract ... no comparison. Its come to the point that I would also worry now about taking any outside Ir35 job after the MSCP debacle currently under way. Its just an all out war now by HMRC to ensure every contractor goes the PAYE route.

Comment

Just remember perm roles aren't that permanent.

I've worked alongside permies who have started at the same time/after me and then left jobs before I have....
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by mogga71 View Post

A 100k perm job is way, way better than an outside 400 a day contract ... no comparison. Its come to the point that I would also worry now about taking any outside Ir35 job after the MSCP debacle currently under way. Its just an all out war now by HMRC to ensure every contractor goes the PAYE route.
          Yes, the 100k job is likely better from an income perspective.

Is it better than two £400 outside IR35 contracts at the same time though?
          Last edited by ConsultingTechArchitect; 26 May 2022, 17:13.

Comment

Originally posted by ConsultingTechArchitect View Post

Is it better than two £400 outside IR35 contracts at the same time?
            That wasn't the question.

BTW, consider this a polite warning.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

That wasn't the question.

BTW, consider this a polite warning.
              My reply was a reasonable response. Do you expect only strict yes and no, are we not allowed to expand on what someone has said?

I will edit the reply to include a response then I will expand. Maybe that's what you're looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by ConsultingTechArchitect View Post

My reply was a reasonable response. Do you expect only strict yes and no, are we not allowed to expand on what someone has said?

I will edit the reply to include a response then I will expand. Maybe that's what you're looking for.
                No. Don't fool yourself that this forum encourages or welcomes your opinion. There are handful of participants whose opinions are allowed, everything else is not. Don't waste your energy arguing. Take what is useful and move on.
                Last edited by BigDataPro; 26 May 2022, 19:22.

Comment

we already are, the market is almost as dead as COVID times, almost all contract interview processes are on hold indef
                  nah, nowhere near, it is quite possible that after a 3 year bear market that the tech contract market will ride out a recession in other areas of the economy.

Comment

Originally posted by mogga71 View Post

what would a 100k perm job be equal to for you in an outside contract?

Comment

Just got a nice direct role at a music streaming company.

100% remote and can work from abroad. Which is good as i have a dual citizenship and am now a tax resident of a country with no income tax.

Very pleased. Angular 10 too which i've long wanted to get commercial experience on.

Flexible hours too.
                      Last edited by Robinho; 1 June 2022, 13:41.

Comment

Working...
                      X