• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigDataPro View Post
    All good things must come to an end! However something else will begin.

Finished current project last week. Thought of taking some days off but swarmed with messages since morning. Accepted one, all paperwork completed and laptop has already been dispatched. 100% Remote.

Never seen such an active busy demand for decades.
    Congrats and good luck! Is this for Azure Data Engineering?

Comment

Originally posted by hairymouse View Post

Congrats and good luck! Is this for Azure Data Engineering?
      Data Engineering. Last one was Azure, current one is in AWS

Comment

Originally posted by BrandNewOne View Post
        Weird! All the roles I'm seeing a strictly remote.
        Same - seems to be just a given now for my roles

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

I wonder if that's to do with 'right to work' visa rules or some such. Technically it's a UK based job so I can see there being a hiccup if you were needed on site but couldn't get into the country.
          also, some companies may want to send their hardware to contractors and maybe sending it in EU is a bigger pain in the butt?

I guess once you get your hardware and are sure that the role is ever going to be remote, there's nothing blocking you from being based somewhere else within a reasonably close time zone.

Comment

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post

also, some companies may want to send their hardware to contractors and maybe sending it in EU is a bigger pain in the butt?

I guess once you get your hardware and are sure that the role is ever going to be remote, there's nothing blocking you from being based somewhere else within a reasonably close time zone.
            Um, no - the reasons companies are scared of remote work is potential tax, data protection and law implications.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Um, no - the reasons companies are scared of remote work is potential tax, data protection and law implications.
              when a company says they want you to be in the UK, it's just to avoid indians applying in the thousands. once you have a uk bank account, a ni number and you receive your laptop, you can move wherever the hell you want

Comment

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post

when a company says they want you to be in the UK, it's just to avoid indians applying in the thousands. once you have a uk bank account, a ni number and you receive your laptop, you can move wherever the hell you want
                It will also be something to do with the contract being governed by UK law and no you cannot move wherever the hell you want as many companies, particularly the gov ones, don't allow data going out of the country so will have policies in place about going abroad. Some will allow it with permission but you can't just go where you want.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Helps to to work for a company that has an international presence if you want to work from the Algarve but if it's a pure UK company then they could well have issue with you working outside the UK on their device, accessing their data.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

doesn't matter if they deal with a uk LTD outside ir35

Comment

Originally posted by KentDogWalker View Post

doesn't matter if they deal with a uk LTD outside ir35
                      Does matter if the end client has certified that no data leaves the UK...
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X