• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dunno about anyone else but I've had more calls about gigs in the last week than I've had in the last two years and I don't even have my linked in flagged as looking. I've had four this week, three were right up my street and one standard key word mess up that's clearly not for me.

Granted all three are inside and two of them were abysmal rates. We are talking worse than my average rate and inside... but still it's work. If I was outside to inside I would have had no issues leaving and taking one of these.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Dunno about anyone else but I've had more calls about gigs in the last week than I've had in the last two years and I don't even have my linked in flagged as looking. I've had four this week, three were right up my street and one standard key word mess up that's clearly not for me.

Granted all three are inside and two of them were abysmal rates. We are talking worse than my average rate and inside... but still it's work. If I was outside to inside I would have had no issues leaving and taking one of these.

Judging by the number of devs leaving our place over the last month, it looks like the boom times are back!
      Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Things definitely seem to be picking up on the perm and FTC front. I know several people who've got new roles in the last two weeks and a few more who suddenly started getting multiple interviews across different disciplines.

I had a call yesterday about doing a bit of ad hoc work on a project with a major IT services provider and also started to see more roles come up that I want to go for.

Comment

Originally posted by edison View Post
          Things definitely seem to be picking up on the perm and FTC front. I know several people who've got new roles in the last two weeks and a few more who suddenly started getting multiple interviews across different disciplines.

I had a call yesterday about doing a bit of ad hoc work on a project with a major IT services provider and also started to see more roles come up that I want to go for.
          I am now employed myself in the last month, but I suddenly started getting calls and LinkedIn requests.
          Musical chairs are happening and it is good that people are reassessing their lives. Good luck to all of you looking for work.
          I suspect there are a very small contracts out there that offer true Outside IR35 though (https://offpayroll.org.uk/).

Senior Java Developer

Start Date: ASAP
          Duration: 6 Months
          Daily Rate: £Market

*** PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE HAS BEEN DEEMED INSIDE IR35 ***

Comment

Think I'll pass on this one...

"
            Location United Kingdom
            Industry IT
            Duration 3 months - Extension
            Start Date ASAP
            Rate 600pd
            Employment Business TEKsystems
            Contact TEMP LOGIN"

Comment

Originally posted by rocktronAMP View Post

I am now employed myself in the last month, but I suddenly started getting calls and LinkedIn requests.
              Musical chairs are happening and it is good that people are reassessing their lives. Good luck to all of you looking for work.
              I suspect there are a very small contracts out there that offer true Outside IR35 though (https://offpayroll.org.uk/).

Senior Java Developer

Start Date: ASAP
              Duration: 6 Months
              Daily Rate: £Market

*** PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE HAS BEEN DEEMED INSIDE IR35 ***
              Offpayroll send out quite a comprehensive list of outside jobs every day. I guess you may think it's limited if they're not in the area you work it.

Comment

Turned down 2 outside roles this week to take one other. Lots of work about
                Last edited by PerfectStorm; 3 April 2021, 13:25.
                ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
                  outside rolls
                  Yoga?

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
                    Turned down 2 outside rolls this week to take one other. Lots of work about
                    You were offered 3 roles in one week? Nice problem to have.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post

Judging by the number of devs leaving our place over the last month, it looks like the boom times are back!
                      “getting calls” and watching people leave are not good indicators of a strong market. Most of the people i have seen leave in the past month are because IR35 negotiations broke down.

Comment

Working...
                      X