• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigDataPro View Post
    Had couple of calls last week. But the one I had day before yesterday was super fast, interviewed same day, offered same day. Rate is not bad at all £550+. Initial 3 months. Accepted.

I have never seen such a busy December in my decade plus experience.
    One of the few posts on here where the rate is reasonable but not great

Can I conclude that you are working on big data as engineer and in London ?

Comment

Originally posted by NowPermOutsideUK View Post

Sherlock homes award of the year

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by NowPermOutsideUK View Post

I am in the data domain. (Big) Data engineering, Cloud and little bit of DevOps. It's remote and outside IR35.
        Last edited by BigDataPro; 10 December 2020, 09:48.

Comment

I am in the data domain. (Big) Data engineering, Cloud and little bit of DevOps. It's remote and outside IR35.
          Many congratulations BigDataPro!

Question: does your new contract end client come under the Small Company Exemption?

Comment

Originally posted by rocktronAMP View Post
            Many congratulations BigDataPro!

Question: does your new contract end client come under the Small Company Exemption?
            No. They don't come under that Exemption.

Comment

Originally posted by Destiny2 View Post
              Thank you for playing. See you back in January.
              Decembers are usually
              Got a call this week from an agency I've worked with before for a contract role at around £1,000/day. Full potential scope of work is still a bit unclear but it's M&A related. My CV has gone to the client so let's see what happens. All the recent calls I had in November were for roles that weren't quite suitable unfortunately.

Perversely, I've got most of my gigs over the last 8 years in either December or July/August when it's supposed to be quiet.
              Last edited by edison; 10 December 2020, 13:39.

Comment

Congrats on the role.

It will be interesting if it remains so when it becomes their responsibility when the 3 months are up, a couple of hiring manager friends at similar sounding setups have come clean it won't be the case come April.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
                  Congrats on the role.

It will be interesting if it remains so when it becomes their responsibility when the 3 months are up, a couple of hiring manager friends at similar sounding setups have come clean it won't be the case come April.
                  That's very true. But I have a feeling that it will be pushed back another year or so from April, considering pandemic confusions and the realisation that it the projected tax revenue is not going to be that great.

The client wanted push forward my starting date to December rather than January, which I have gladly accepted. Laptop is already on the way.

Comment

That's very true. But I have a feeling that it will be pushed back another year or so from April, considering pandemic confusions and the realisation that it the projected tax revenue is not going to be that great.

The client wanted push forward my starting date to December rather than January, which I have gladly accepted. Laptop is already on the way.
                    April 2021 is a goer - it won't be pushed back any longer...

Heck introducing it in April 2021 when supply is far greater than demand will ensure its success.
                    Last edited by eek; 10 December 2020, 14:44.
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                      April 2021 is a goer - it won't be pushed back any longer...

Heck introducing it in April 2021 when supply is far greater than demand will ensure its success.
                      We shall have to wait and see. It is my opinion that supply is not far greater because permatractors have already taken up permanent roles. Therefore supply and demand are likely to have achieved its equilibrium.

Comment

Working...
                      X