• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Camera. HTH
    Yes. I used the standard iPhone Camera app. You can also put your finger on the QR code to focus. You eventually get a popup to open Linkedin.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      When we get out of this pandemic make sure you network.

Plus gage the age of agents and if they are older it is worth being nice to them even if they have sfa for you at the time you are talking to them.
      I don't know any front end developers with any block chain experience, And I know a few world-class of them

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
        Camera. HTH
        eventually it worked

Comment

Does anyone ever look at their weekly Linkedin profile views?
          I find it interesting as another way of viewing my own personal market.
          I've been tracking mine on a spreadsheet (very sad I know) since early April where I was getting just 1 view per week. The graph is almost linear until it peaked in mid October at 26 views per week. The views are mostly agents or direct perm recruiters, but a very small number are peddling business too.
          What this tells me is there has been a steady increase in search activity throughout lockdown, even though the calls etc have been seriously patchy.
          However for the last 3 weeks it has repeatedly tracked downwards and is back down to mid-June levels at just 7 views per week.
          I guess this means my popularity has waned, or my market is just going into xmas mode.

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
            Does anyone ever look at their weekly Linkedin profile views?
            I find it interesting as another way of viewing my own personal market.
            I've been tracking mine on a spreadsheet (very sad I know) since early April where I was getting just 1 view per week. The graph is almost linear until it peaked in mid October at 26 views per week. The views are mostly agents or direct perm recruiters, but a very small number are peddling business too.
            What this tells me is there has been a steady increase in search activity throughout lockdown, even though the calls etc have been seriously patchy.
            However for the last 3 weeks it has repeatedly tracked downwards and is back down to mid-June levels at just 7 views per week.
            I guess this means my popularity has waned, or my market is just going into xmas mode.
            I get around 600 views every 90 days, peaks at around 50-75 in a week. Usually the peaks coincide with me posting content. I used to get a lot of requests from recruiters/agents, many who wanted to sell me their services when I was Head of IT in my last role or managing a big recruitment campaign this year. Such requests have tailed off a lot recently.

Comment

Originally posted by edison View Post
              I get around 600 views every 90 days, peaks at around 50-75 in a week. Usually the peaks coincide with me posting content. I used to get a lot of requests from recruiters/agents, many who wanted to sell me their services when I was Head of IT in my last role or managing a big recruitment campaign this year. Such requests have tailed off a lot recently.
              Can I have a job please?

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
                Ftfyhihbidi
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
                  Can I have a job please?
                  Seriously aren’t you better off doing something with the properties you have got? Planning permission for loft / new tiling in bathroom / painting exterior / general plumbing

I can think of so many things to do without having to beg for a new job. I’m actually waiting for redundancy here ? before I concentrate on doing nothing IT again!

Careers in finance have been destroyed and after working abroad with the weak pound I don’t see Uk as an attractive place if it’s on paye terms.

Comment

Originally posted by NowPermOutsideUK View Post
                    Seriously aren’t you better off doing something with the properties you have got? Planning permission for loft / new tiling in bathroom / painting exterior / general plumbing

I can think of so many things to do without having to beg for a new job. I’m actually waiting for redundancy here ������ before I concentrate on doing nothing IT again!

Careers in finance have been destroyed and after working abroad with the weak pound I don’t see Uk as an attractive place if it’s on paye terms.
                    I believe it was a joke
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

In the last couple of weeks where I am, they’ve taken on 2 devs at a reasonable rate.
                      There’s work out there, but you need to have the skills, experience and a good agent or the right connections.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X