• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KentDogWalker View Post
    whats FOG?
    It's an atmospheric condition where microscopic water droplets effectively form clouds at ground level, reducing visibility.

I thenk yew.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDogsNads View Post
      It's an atmospheric condition where microscopic water droplets effectively form clouds at ground level, reducing visibility.

I thenk yew.
      FOG

Comment

Back on topic people !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

I'm right to be offended when someone invites me to apply for this, yes? The quote box evens out the formatting, sadly, which was in a variety of fonts and font sizes.

Business Support Officer
          Redbridge | £14ph Umbrella | 4m Contract | Start ASAP

We are currently recruiting on behalf of a large public sector organisation based in Redbridge, London for a Business Support Officer on an initial 4-month contract. This position is an office-based role that will require the postholder to provide high quality administrative support to directors and other heads of service within the business. Responsibilities of the role will include:
          ·To provide a high-quality administrative support service to the Directors, Heads of Service, Principal Officers’ and other administration functions as required on transactional tasks.
          ·Dealing with a high volume of tasks, the post holder will respond flexibly, positively and successfully to the ever-changing pressures which arise in their service area.
          ·The post holder may have areas of individual responsibility which will be identified and determined by their line manager.
          ·Operating within agreed processes and standards, the post holder will use their initiative when carrying out tasks, to resolve problems and queries based on experience and judgment. They will receive clear guidance but will perform with minimal day to day supervision
          To be suitable for this opportunity; the following qualifications or experience is required:
          ·Previous experience working within a similar role
          ·Local Authority experience

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            I'm right to be offended when someone invites me to apply for this, yes? The quote box evens out the formatting, sadly, which was in a variety of fonts and font sizes.
            What exactly does umbrella rate mean? Is it Dave Chaplin's Smurf rate or something else?

I'm tempted to play it thick and then ask for the Key information document they should have but won't exist...
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
              Back on topic people !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
              FOG

Comment

FOG

cool, feels good

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  There are a large amount of high skilled professionals turning to minimum paid jobs sadly at the moment.

I had an interview yesterday with an Investment Bank for a 12 month FTC which went really well & they really liked me alot. But at the end of the interview I got the standard "This role has attracted alot of interest, we will be doing more first round interviews over the next few weeks and after that we will be conducting a set of final round interviews."

The role needs to start by end of September, yet they're still planning circa 3 weeks of interviews + investment bank on-boarding time (which is always an eternity)....sigh

So blatantly obvious that they're going to pick the 2-3 best candidates then take the cheapest option. Maybe if I offer to work for minimum wage, they will cancel the hiring process and send me the contract tomorrow!
                  Last edited by sira; 26 August 2020, 06:43.

Comment

Originally posted by sira View Post
                    "This role has attracted alot of interest, we will be doing more first round interviews over the next few weeks and after that we will be conducting a set of final round interviews."
                    Quite common at the moment. There is so much spare capacity out there in the workforce, and all available immediately.

Its such a contrast to the good old days. I remember agents leaving multiple voicemails and then pleading with me over the phone.. "Please...do you know ANYONE who might be available?".. "what will it take for you to leave your contract?"

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
                      Quite common at the moment. There is so much spare capacity out there in the workforce, and all available immediately.

Its such a contrast to the good old days. I remember agents leaving multiple voicemails and then pleading with me over the phone.. "Please...do you know ANYONE who might be available?".. "what will it take for you to leave your contract?"
                      I miss those days. Most of my old agency contacts are nowhere to be seen at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                      X