• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Ah, it's now the state of the supermarket thread

Far more useful than that job nonsense, seeing as there'll be no jobs soon
    I did notice, most of the checkout people were older 60+ ladies - they will be 1st to peg it

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Ah, it's now the state of the supermarket thread
      Aldi was absolutely rammed this morning. Queues down the isles. Never seen anything like it. Much worse than Xmas.
      "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
        Aldi was absolutely rammed this morning. Queues down the isles. Never seen anything like it. Much worse than Xmas.
        I never did trust just-in-time - probably because the supermarkets around me randomly had empty shelves of items anyway.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by BigDataPro View Post
          Testers, Test Managers, Scrum Masters, BAs, PMs are ten a penny nowadays. If you are already prepared and ready for the role change, this is the perfect time to make that jump/change. Highly experienced are reluctant to go Inside/Perm, Permies are already useless and there is a middle ground that would give you the much needed practical, commercial exposure.

How do I know? - Because I just did that!
          I am a Tester currently in an outside IR35 role so it is possible.

Comment

Back on the market - not expecting to get a sniff pre-April 6th but applying regardless

Lots of £200 inside IR35 work about!
            ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by SussexSeagull View Post
              Are you the only tester in the organisation, otherwise are you doing the work permanent staff do?
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
                Back on the market - not expecting to get a sniff pre-April 6th but applying regardless

Lots of £200 inside IR35 work about!
                £200 is the new £500

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Trying to get clients to understand that if you choose to put roles inside IR35 (and it is a choice) then you should also choose to take on the additional cost in doing so.

There is an option to keep your outgoings where they were previously - make the role outside of IR35.

At the moment they seem to be adopting the position of doing one without the other.
                  ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by SussexSeagull View Post
                    Apart from the exceptions where the role requires DV/SC clearance etc.

I used to be in Testing including Test Automation (in all application tiers - Front end, Middleware and Backend + traditional and Agile methodologies such as BDD/TDD)
                    Last edited by BigDataPro; 16 March 2020, 09:43.

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
                      At the moment they seem to be adopting the position of doing one without the other.
                      And they can keep doing so because most contractors are keeping their heads down and accepting the terms.

Unfortunately, it takes 2 to tango.

Comment

Working...
                      X