• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

State of the Market

If the announce a package all the delivery drivers etc will just declare self isolation until September on 80% wages

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Find it odd speaking to a pimp about poss new gig and 100% remote working is already a given.

Strange times.

qh
      He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

i've been WFH exclusively for six years now.
        don't know what the fuss is about.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
          i've been WFH exclusively for six years now.
          don't know what the fuss is about.
          netflix and chill does not count as work BR14

Comment

Originally posted by Bluenose View Post
            netflix and chill does not count as work BR14
            ah, another 'professional'.

Comment

Getting this back on topic and a fairly general question for you really, as a benched UI dev should I be pulling out all the stops to get a new contract now or do you think it is futile given the situation we're in?

If it's going to be in the order of several months before I'm going to get a look in, I may as well focus my efforts elsewhere and accept I'm in for the long haul. I may earn some money doing something else for a bit - I have a war chest but still prefer the damage limitation approach. I'd be more than happy to do a bit of driving work as others have suggested. Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by The Janter Effect View Post
                Getting this back on topic and a fairly general question for you really, as a benched UI dev should I be pulling out all the stops to get a new contract now or do you think it is futile given the situation we're in?

If it's going to be in the order of several months before I'm going to get a look in, I may as well focus my efforts elsewhere and accept I'm in for the long haul. I may earn some money doing something else for a bit - I have a war chest but still prefer the damage limitation approach. I'd be more than happy to do a bit of driving work as others have suggested. Thoughts?
                I think it's going to be incredibly hard to contact any agents and clients right now. Clients are only going to be concerned with staying in business at best.

Agents, how many will be in the office? Even if you have their mobi numbers I'll be surprised if they are even thinking of placing people right now.
                I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
                  I think it's going to be incredibly hard to contact any agents and clients right now. Clients are only going to be concerned with staying in business at best.

Agents, how many will be in the office? Even if you have their mobi numbers I'll be surprised if they are even thinking of placing people right now.
                  Agent phoned me earlier this morning about a role.

Some of the big clients are still looking, or at least this guy decided to call me to pretend one is anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post

Yes, over the next 3 weeks I think anything is out of the question. But, presumably, within a few more weeks the more draconian restrictions will be lifted and people will be going about their business, not 100% normally, but normally enough to recruit and onboard resources.

But that may be me in overly optimistic mode. I don't look at the papers or social media, you see :-)

Comment

I would still keep looking. What have you got to lose other than a bit of time that would be spent doing what?

Comment

Working...
                      X