• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
    It was a joke. Data scientists don't really do humour I take it?
    I'm sure they are smiling...behind those long grey beards.
    nomadd liked this post

Comment

Emailed by an agent today about a public sector contract with this...

Duration: 6 months – forecast 24 months
      IR35 Status: most likely outside, this will be determined once hired.

Is this a new thing? You need to win the gig to find out if its inside or outside.. or maybe he means when already on site. Who would be that dumb?

Comment

Is this a new thing? You need to win the gig to find out if its inside or outside.. or maybe he means when already on site. Who would be that dumb?
        Technically, it's correct IR35 status should be determined by the contractor and customer together as all relationships are different and some contractors act as employees.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          Technically, it's correct IR35 status should be determined by the contractor and customer together as all relationships are different and some contractors act as employees.
          The final arbiter being the client. I do wonder sometimes why a client would want to hire a contractor and for them inside IR35. Why not just hire a permie, or a contractor outside IR35? What is the lure to do this?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Contractor UK Forum mobile app
          Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Of the 500+ who have probably applied for the role, I'd say all of them.
            nomadd liked this post

Comment

Surely every agent knows that if the say "inside" no one will bother applying so they say "most likely outside" until you're there, it's two weeks till April and you find out that "it's always been advertised as inside".

Comment

Originally posted by dsc View Post
                Surely every agent knows that if the say "inside" no one will bother applying so they say "most likely outside" until you're there, it's two weeks till April and you find out that "it's always been advertised as inside".
                Not in this market

Hundreds will apply

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

public sector=inside ir35

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
                    public sector=inside ir35
                    Not necessarily but highly likely.

Lots of agencies readvertise stuff that's put on DOS4 and quite a lot is outside

Comment

Software dev market's really, really quiet at the moment. I do wonder how much of this is the usual post-Christmas lull and how much of it is attributable to the ir35 mess.

Comment

Working...
                      X