• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hungry_hog View Post
    hello Avance consulting!
    That's one of them, yes
    ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
      On an individual basis yes, but it's taken 2 months to get to that point
      well done fingers crossed all your checks pass.

2 months is nothing around these parts.

northernlad has taken holidays to bognor that are longer than that.

Comment

After a whirlwind couple of days I start a new contract tomorrow. Rate a bit down on what I am used to and have to go to London but needs must.

Comment

Originally posted by SussexSeagull View Post
          After a whirlwind couple of days I start a new contract tomorrow. Rate a bit down on what I am used to and have to go to London but needs must.
          Congrats SS on the new role.

I refuse to do London, & haven't considered anything down there for years. Rates usually decent but costs can wipe out a huge chunk of that unless you're prepared to rough it. Plus I like to be in my own bed of a night time. Getting too old for that living out of a suitcase malarky.
          Clarity is everything

Comment

Phone call today

Can you attend interview on Friday in the city

Me, I’m on holiday in Greece

Agent, you should fly back early it’s only job I have on my books

Me, what’s the rate

Agent, £300 inside IR35

Me, not bad if hourly rate

Agent, that’s a day + 2 hours overtime

Me, ok I’ll fly back, flights booked (was pulling his plunker, have trurtle island booked for Friday)

Agent 2 hours later, interview cancelled - sorry mate

Me, lol

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
              Agent: that’s a day + 2 hours overtime
              That's a new one. I've heard of a few 'Monday to Friday, 9-6'
              ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by SteelyDan View Post

I refuse to do London, & haven't considered anything down there for years. Rates usually decent but costs can wipe out a huge chunk of that unless you're prepared to rough it. Plus I like to be in my own bed of a night time. Getting too old for that living out of a suitcase malarky.
                Thanks. I can commute into London although it does make for an early start.

Wish I could offer some pearl of wisdom but someone I used to work with noticed I was still looking on LinkedIn and someone he was working with left. On its own a bit of luck but having chased down hundreds of lost causes in the last few months I was probably due it.

Comment

Originally posted by SussexSeagull View Post

Comment

So I've managed to secure a new contract & start tomorrow. Rate is a bit less than I wanted & travel will cost me an arm and a leg in the short term, but beggars can't be choosers at this point. Also got one more in the pipeline which I'm hopeful for as it's local, but I suppose this one will keep me out of trouble for a while! I'm happy
                    If you don't have anything nice to say, say it sarcastically

Comment

Originally posted by SteelyDan View Post

I just quoted an extra £150 a day for any days I have to spend in London.

Comment

Working...
                      X