• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
    8 months! Ouch.

There comes a point where holding out does you more harm than good...
    True. After 3 months in bench (BigData, AWS) I am now considering a role in Brussels. At least for a short term. Role in hand already. Not sure if it is wise to go and work there!

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
      Gone quiet again this week, and all my leads from last week have dried up
      Exactly the same here.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDataPro View Post
        True. After 3 months in bench (BigData, AWS) I am now considering a role in Brussels. At least for a short term. Role in hand already. Not sure if it is wise to go and work there!
        As long as you don't mind being the butt of office jokes about Brexit

Comment

I have had a few calls today however they only 1 is London based.

I have had calls for Germany, Holland and Czech Republic. The agents are telling me that they are targeting the UK contractors. They are lacking the skill set in Europe and they know our market is dead. If you don't have commitments (Or fancy getting away from those commitments) and you want an adventure then it could be a nice experience.

Comment

Originally posted by ContractorHardman View Post

I have had calls for Germany, Holland and Czech Republic. The agents are telling me that they are targeting the UK contractors. They are lacking the skill set in Europe and they know our market is dead. If you don't have commitments (Or fancy getting away from those commitments) and you want an adventure then it could be a nice experience.
            And the rate for this gigs is??
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ContractorHardman View Post

I've had the odd one in other parts of Europe too but I'm finding the rates are a good £100 a day less than what I'd get here. When you take into account all the faff of registering for tax abroad too it's more hassle than its worth. For me anyway.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Contractor UK Forum mobile app
              If you don't have anything nice to say, say it sarcastically

Comment

yes its looking very bleak indeed.
                tuesday is normally the day were you get loads of calls
                ive had 3 calls so far this week and all before 9am. one was one of those weird indian agencies who never seem to offer more than 400
                the other two didnt even have jobs were information gathering for a job that is to be relased "soon" and he started off the conversation as we have lots on
                go figure!

Comment

guys you're really scaring me. I'm about to leave a contract that will take me until Xmas for a shorter contract (2 months) that pays less because I like the company more (ex client)

Sep is the time that from memory should be on fire gig-wise....

yikes !

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    600-700 euros pd all in.

locations: belgium, sweden and netherlands.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                      Czech - 475 Euros (Can't use LTD as the Czechs dont like it but some excellent tax rates and super cheap to stay in Prague)
                      Netherlands - 550 Euros (Use of Brolly company)
                      Germany - 500 Euros

Comment

Working...
                      X